2012 NFL Season

Dan

Does Gabbert have a giant contract? What if they brought him in for Tebow and had Manning tutor him? Elway clearly hates Tebow, and God, so maybe Gabbert could become the quarterback in waiting.

That's just crazy talk, honestly.

Tebow might leave Denver but Jacksonville don't need him, if the Jags wanted a new starting QB they'd have went after Flynn/Peyton/Smith and not a backup like Henne.

He'll probably stay in Denver behind Manning, if Manning can teach him how to throw then he might become the man they've always wanted.

They had no shot at Peyton. Flynn is completely unproven and Alex Smith isn't better than anyone on their roster. Tim Tebow might not be better than anyone else on their roster, but he has more drawing power than the rest of the team combined.

It will not happen, honestly. People said the Jags would 100% draft Tebow but they didn't, people said last year we'd give up our pick to trade for Tebow and we didn't.

It won't happen and the majority of Jags fans don't want Tebow, sure he'll drag in the Gators fans for a few games but if the team doesn't win it doesn't matter one bit, they won't hang around.

You really have no idea how revered he is in North Florida, do you? Most of the points you just made might be completely irrelevant, as they were all made by the previous ownership. Your team has a new owner, who's to say he won't decide to trade for Tebow? He's guaranteed to keep your team in the media spotlight and sell tickets and he's no worse than any other QB on your roster. There's no reason not to do it, if the price is right.

It's the same GM, Khan is not Jerry Jones.

It's not going to happen.

That's the end of it from me.

Oh right, because every other owner in the league besides Jerry Jones has absolutely no say whatsoever in who their team acquires. You don't like Tebow, you don't want him on your team and you're going to cling to any reason why they won't acquire him. Maybe they won't, I'm just telling you that you should be prepared, because it makes a lot of sense, especially from a business perspective, to bring him in. The GM is the same, but the GM operates under the direction of the owner. It's a new owner, so what the last one did is irrelevant. If Khan wants Tebow, the GM will facilitate that.

Wow, Broncos schedule is STACKED next year. Seven 2011 playoff teams as well as the Buccaneers (hard to believe they won't at least be competitive with that roster), and also Carolina. Plus divisional games are always tough no matter what the level of talent is.

I quite like Tebow actually. (Y)

Then you should be doubly excited! Unless you want to be a fan of the Los Angeles Jaguars, though at this point, that might be unavoidable.

It's Jacksonville or Miami. Jacksonville is a 6 win team win team with or without Tebow, you might as well be a 6 win team that doesn't have to blackout it's games.

I'd say Miami would be even more likely, given that their owner seems to love the Gators and wants a star player, desperately. But who the hell knows that that franchise is currently doing.

I'm hoping Alex Smith signs with the Dolphins and the 49ers are forced to take Tebow. :shifty:

Then you should be doubly excited! Unless you want to be a fan of the Los Angeles Jaguars, though at this point, that might be unavoidable.

Honestly, I'm not too bothered where they are, the UK would be awesome but not going to happen :shifty:

It's not my opinion I'm basing it off, it's how well I know this team.

Why did the Jags go after a guy like Robinson and not a big name WR?

It's just the way they roll.

Honestly, I'm not too bothered where they are, the UK would be awesome but not going to happen :shifty:

It's not my opinion I'm basing it off, it's how well I know this team.

Why did the Jags go after a guy like Robinson and not a big name WR?

It's just the way they roll.

Because they're a small market team and no one wants to sign with them. Not trying to sound harsh. It's the same reason why they don't trade for big name players, because eventually they'll leave. Tebow presents a unique opportunity to get a guy who'd be happy to play there, and stay there. I'm not advocating they give up their first round pick for him, that'd be ridiculous. But next year's second rounder, or Gabbert, really isn't that high of a price to pay for what Tebow will bring to the franchise.

There is a rumor going around (since the weekend but is heating up since the news this morning) that The Broncos and The Patriots might do a trade for Tebow.

Patriots were considering signing Tebow in 2010 as they met with him and evaluated him in New England. Current offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels also drafted Tebow when he was head coach of the Broncos.

Edited by Universal

As a long time Jaguars fan and living here in Jacksonville, I feel the need to make something extremely clear. The Jaguars have had zero black outs since 2009. We are not struggling to sell the tickets the way we used to. This is a military town and a college town and during war time with a bad economy, we struggled because we were a bad team and the residents couldn't afford tickets. Partly because we had a mayor who sucked the city dry and partly because we had so many soldiers overseas. I get sick of hearing the media regurgitate the same old facts from 09 without doing their homework and realizing things are vastly different now. But it's easier to just report old news and make everyone go "lol Jacksonville". We get it, we're small and we don't deserve a team. We were by far the most successful expansion franchise in history. They hate that and now they pounce because we're small and we're not Los Angeles. They've also lost two teams, so I guess they aren't much better.

As for Tebow being here, it doesn't make as much sense as everyone seems to think. He's revered by the Gator fans and the non-football fan Christian community. He's not revered by the vast Seminoles fans, Hurricanes fans, Crimson Tide fans, Clemson fans, Bulldog fans, and likewise other teams that have a big fan base here. We are like a melting pot of college football fans of different areas and not ALL of them love Tebow. As for the comment about the GM, our GM is Gene Smith and he tied his wagon to Blaine Gabbert and spent an entire off season gearing the coaching staff to help Gabbert become the franchise quarterback. I can't see him scrapping all that and making it worthless to trade for a quarterback he could've had and chose not to.

As for the owner, Khan is a business man and while it may make some sense to trade for Tebow, it also deems his entire off season of spending as a waste because the pieces in place don't fit Tebow. I don't see it happen and I admit I don't want it to. Let Gene sink or swim with Gabbert. The Jaguars have pieces in place to contend, we lacked coaching and have made some lousy draft selections. I personally blame the GM, but he has found a few hidden gems. Now he needs to hit some home runs with consistency and stop drafting from small school heaven. This is make or break year and the circus that is Tebow doesn't need to be here. He's a great young man, high character, and a unique talent but he's a better fit for the media frenzy in Miami than he his here in Jacksonville. Ross likes the bright lights and media frenzy. They're a match made in heaven and last I checked, they're struggling to sell tickets worse than we are.

Just my two cents from a Jacksonville native all my life

• Like 1

Yeah Miami (shittiest stadium location in the entire league) is a hard-sell especially after a decade of mediocrity/putridity. They would benefit massively from having Tebow come to town and I wager people would be making the trip down from northern Florida for home games.

As for Jacksonville to LA. I still think they're the front-runner. Not the fault of people in Jacksonville or anything of that sort, but Khan can double his investment if he cashes in on LA. They only lost 2 teams because one didn't belong there and the other had a bad stadium deal. It wasn't because of anything else. Jacksonville isn't as rough of a market as Charlotte has been for both the NBA and NFL, it suffered more from years of mediocrity than just not being a pure sports town. Unfortunately, the Jags are not in as good a position to stay as the Panthers are. And it comes down to stadium deals. They rule over everything, and the Jags have a chance to head out west and the ownership can smell the cash.

I want the Rams to go home, they were the first franchise out there. It still might happen. They're the only other team.