2012 NFL Season

Dan

The 2012 combine is underway and live on nfl.com, anyone else watching?

RG3 is an athletic freak, pretty much leading the QBs in every category.

Stephen Hill WR from a run-first offence at Georgia Tech is shooting up draft boards too, fastest WR 40 and made some superb catches.

I've been watching the last few days, checking out the linemen and tight ends. Quarterbacks, running backs, and receivers usually aren't as exciting to me, as I already know the vast majority of them. I like learning more about the big uglies. But yes, Stephen Hill is quite a freak of nature.

Well that sucks for the Giants. I didn't see them giving him big money, after all they're the Giants, but I thought he'd take a discount and try and repeat. Hopefully he turns out like Derrick Ward did when he went to Tampa... yeah, remember that? Yeah, no one else does either.

Have Pittsburgh cleared enough cap space to franchise Wallace?

Almost. They'll just have enough guys restructure to make it happen. Wallace obviously doesn't want to leave and a lot of the team wants him to stay around. They're going to be in cap hell next year no matter what, but they can avoid it this year by restructuring a bunch of contracts. Fortunately for them they've done a good job bringing in young personnel who can basically be moved in to replace the older parts that will surely be gone either this season or next.

I never expected Manningham to be re-signed. He was always going to be paid based on what he did in the postseason, and he's going to end up getting more money than he's actually worth. I'll never blame somebody for taking the money as soon as possible in the NFL, since you can be cut at any time and lose your contract.

What I didn't like is that in a radio interview he had to throw in the line "the Giants probably won't repeat next year anyway". I know that repeating in the NFL is extremely difficult, but it just seemed like an unnecessary comment. Just seems like another in a long line of Giants players who feel the need to take shots on their way out the door rather than leaving on a good note.

I never expected Manningham to be re-signed. He was always going to be paid based on what he did in the postseason, and he's going to end up getting more money than he's actually worth. I'll never blame somebody for taking the money as soon as possible in the NFL, since you can be cut at any time and lose your contract.

What I didn't like is that in a radio interview he had to throw in the line "the Giants probably won't repeat next year anyway". I know that repeating in the NFL is extremely difficult, but it just seemed like an unnecessary comment. Just seems like another in a long line of Giants players who feel the need to take shots on their way out the door rather than leaving on a good note.

There's obviously something he meant to say, in so many words the odds are against them repeating, but just don't say it ever. Athletes need coaching on how to deal with the media.

Also, Rams reportedly have settled on trading the number 2 pick. Cleveland's in the best position to make a deal, so I would expect them to land the pick to guarantee themselves RG3.