2012 NFL Season

Dan

To Dallas, hopefully. I just want one decent signing for the Cowboys this offseason. I'd love for them to sign Courtland Finnegan, I think he'd add some scrapiness and swagger our defense is sorely lacking. Nicks would be a good get as well. I just don't want Jerry dragging his feet and then signing whoever is left over and making no real improvement to the team.

Wherever Nicks goes, he's probably going to get one of the largest offensive lineman contracts of all time. Excellent player. I doubt the Saints will have room to bring Colston back either, but that's not too surprising. Colston is a really good receiver, but the Saints never seem to have much of a problem finding weapons for Brees. Nicks will be the much bigger loss.

Dallas is landing either Nicks or Grubbs this offseason Maxx. Grubbs will come a little cheaper, but with Nicks getting a massive contract wherever he goes chances are the price for any Guard will be a tad higher than most offseasons anyway. On the topic of Grubbs, there hasn't been a lot of news coming out of the negotiations but from what I gather they aren't very close. So his name looks like it'll be in the free agency pool.

Also, with Brees getting franchised I wonder how much more difficult it will be now for them to keep Colston. And with so many notable WR's out there I wonder how much of a high-spending market there will be.

I'd almost rather we spend the money on an experienced CB, rather than a guard. The line wasn't awful last year, whereas the secondary was a massive liability. They can't really afford to whiff on a DB pick in the draft.

Yea, Dallas' offense was incredible last year. Romo can be a SuperBowl winning quarterback, he just needs a defense that doesn't require him to put up three-four touchdowns a game to be competitive.

I think our starters on defense are capable, they just need quality depth. You saw that with New York last year, if you can just roll in new guys on the line and keep them fresh, you have a huge leg up.

Arizona also gives him a good shot to win. Weak division outside of the 49ers.

I don't think money will be factoring in for him, he's made plenty and he's going to get quite a bit wherever he lands. I just can't see him picking Washington, they have a long way to go before they can compete with the rest of the East, even if they had Manning.

I expect Miami to get him, they need him the most. The owner desperately wants the franchise to be an attraction for celebrities, so he needs a marquee star. There isn't a more marquee star on the market than Manning. Not to mention the fact that they can finally get out of the shadow of Dan Marino.

I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of losing Mike Wallace (which I don't expect to happen).

On one hand, Antonio Brown is clearly the better receiver and Wallace has had problems with dogging it on deep routes and he doesn't have great hands.

But losing him would mean the Steelers have Antonio Brown and the injured Emmanuel Sanders as the only WRs on the roster heading into the season.

It's the Steelers though so if they do lose Wallace, they'll figure out a way to move on offensively.

Actually, a good point my friend made. No state income tax in Florida. He can technically make the most money there.

We (Jags) have got a pretty nice looking amount of cap room so he could come in and mentor Blaine how to take a hit and throw a ball for a couple of years while staying in the AFC South.

Or probably not.

I really don't understand why people are considering the Redskins to be a viable option for him. Has Peyton Manning ever come across as someone who would deliberately make it harder for his brother to succeed? He goes to the NFC East, he's instantly making it harder for Eli to make the playoffs, and I just don't see that as something he'd be comfortable doing. It's why even if the Cowboys weren't committed to Romo, I couldn't see him going there. The Mannings don't seem to enjoy playing against each other, so I figure Peyton is going to sign somewhere that minimizes his chances and allows his father to continue to dream of a Manning Vs Manning Super Bowl. :shifty:

I really don't understand why people are considering the Redskins to be a viable option for him. Has Peyton Manning ever come across as someone who would deliberately make it harder for his brother to succeed? He goes to the NFC East, he's instantly making it harder for Eli to make the playoffs, and I just don't see that as something he'd be comfortable doing. It's why even if the Cowboys weren't committed to Romo, I couldn't see him going there. The Mannings don't seem to enjoy playing against each other, so I figure Peyton is going to sign somewhere that minimizes his chances and allows his father to continue to dream of a Manning Vs Manning Super Bowl. :shifty:

Like The Jets? Cuz with Peyton, Fatboy might be able to backup his yearly "We're gonna win" boast..

I don't think Baltimore is prepared to give up on Flacco the way the Jets would gladly throw Sanchez under the bus. That said, Peyton is smart enough to see all the chaos amongst the Jets players to stay away.

I still think San Francisco is the best place for him. I know they said Alex Smith is their guy, but come on. They had to be just saying that because it wasn't known if Manning would be released/play again, right?