2012 NFL Season

Dan

I don't really need them as much, considering I now live in Dallas and should see every single Cowboys game. I will miss Redzone though.

• Like 1

Nightmare for Kevin Kolb tonight.

Kevin Kolb's entire career is a nightmare. He's being pressed for the starting job by John Skelton. You don't need to say any more about Kolb after that.

Fuck ESPN America. Their Facebook and Twitter pages were all "NFL back on TV tonight woo we're showing it live!" with no fucking mention that they're only showing it in mainland Europe and not the UK/Ireland. Fuck Sky for good measure as well, as I'm sure they must be partly responsible.

When you're a WR, and you lose it, it ain't coming back. I'll be surprised if he makes the team.

I'd amend that slightly. Post-Cowboys T.O. is similar to post-Bengals Chad Johnson. They still thought they were a #1 or #2 receiver, but everything else pointed otherwise. After both were humbled (T.O. by being out of the league, Johnson by the Patriots' playbook), I think both are starting to come around to the idea that if they don't adapt to a different role, they're gone. Both could still be solid slot guys or 15-20 yd. deep decoys.

I don't think WR is as cut-and-dry a position as the running backs or fullbacks. There a few more roles that one could play as a receiver, so maybe T.O. can land a decent spot in Seattle and get one solid - if not unspectacular - season so he can take care of his financial troubles.

Sidney Rice is the only WR on the Seahawks roster that is definitely better than T.O. Their team is that sad. I do hope Golden Tate refuses to give up the 81 jersey though.