GAME no longer stocking EA Games..

Summers

429949_394087520604828_140973592582890_1692681_36153123_n.jpg

Pretty sure the same applies to Gamestation, but had no official word yet.

Pretty crazy how badly this company is being run. I know a lot of Gamestation guys who are getting out, and then plenty stores getting closed when their leases run out (inc. my old store, which tops the area consistently) because the company can't afford the rent.

edit: yeah, official word. Gamestation included.

I worked at Game until January and this was always on the cards. From the week before Christmas until the start of January we had no deliveries, so had to fill our chart section with pre owned games. We didn't have one new release game for any console, and head office blamed it on supplier issues.

Pulling this stunt the week before the biggest release of the quarter is released is just game cementing the fact they are about to go under.

I worked at Game until January and this was always on the cards. From the week before Christmas until the start of January we had no deliveries, so had to fill our chart section with pre owned games. We didn't have one new release game for any console, and head office blamed it on supplier issues.

Pulling this stunt the week before the biggest release of the quarter is released is just game cementing the fact they are about to go under.

Well yeah.. Administration has been mentioned for a while but this is a big blow to their recovery. EA's big releases are massive cash generators, and while EA stuff is a low profit % it's still a hell of a lot of cash going directly to rivals now. Mass 3 is going to be huge, and GAME and GS are going to miss out massively.

I say good on GAME, quite frankly. They're going to take a MASSIVE hit on business in order to ensure equality from suppliers.

The whole reason this has come about is that they've fucked up massively and can't afford to keep to the deals they previously arranged. EA obviously rejected the new terms for a number of reasons, probably because they don't trust GAME to be here in the longterm. Poor money management and bad decisions at the top of a flawed company is to blame.

I worked for Gamestation for the last half year or so of them being owned by Blockbuster and the first year of them being owned by the GAME group.

Gamestation was the only part of the Blockbuster group that was making money (GOOD money at that) for Blockbuster but they sold it to consolidate their movie rental stuff. GAME bought it, screwed us over, chucked us worse numbers of stock, changed dress code, changed returns, massively LOWERED trade in values because they were far better than GAME and generally ran it far worse and more "executively" than it used to be.

Basically screw you GAME, I wish you all the unhappiness in the world.

To those on the board who work for GAME or Gamestation, sorry fellas. They always seem to make work conditions worse and worse.

Man. What the fuck. UK Gamers would be completely fucked if it weren't for online services and TESCOS of all places. Can someone explain to me how GAME, as pretty much the only gaming store in the entire UK, can get into this sort of shape?

This sucks. Game's always been good for me with pre-orders, I tend to get them the day before! I guess play.com will have to do!

I never like buying new release games online. If I'm buying them new release, I want them day of release, and any time I've ordered online they've turned up later than that.

Yeah, that's what I was like. I hate the idea of the game not turning up on the day and having wait for it to turn up (which usually will mean next Monday earliest as games mostly come out on Friday's) rather than just going and buying it, because fuck, you've already paid for it.

And then my friend pre-ordered Black Ops and it turned up the day before release. Which has happened with every game I've ordered from GAME.

Never pre-ordered from Play before, hopefully it at least turns up on the day.