GAME no longer stocking EA Games..

Summers

My local Gamestation is having a tournament on Street Fighter X Tekken on Saturday. I was almost tempted to go in and ask where they were sourcing their copy from. :shifty:

Always liked Gamestation, never liked Game at all really.

Does leave us with no designated gaming shops on the high street if they go, doesn't it?

We have Grainger Games up here, although:

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2011/10/how-an-unknown-games-retailer-committed-suicide-at-a-gaming-awards-event/

I went into our Grainger when it opened and got given some gaming related t-shirts. I have never stepped foot in there since! I could have done today but I went to HMV since they advertise price matching CEX, which I took advantage of.

Can't speak for their price structure but at least it's fairly transparent if you have a smart phone since they have an app that you can use to look up their prices. Not sure if their website does it too.

The process itself was fine, guy said their internet was down so I got some print outs of the respective CEX pages. There tends to be a lot of variables involed with these things though like which staff member you get, if you're buying something, if they're busy, whether the manager will play ball, wont give you extra if it takes it over what they'd sell it for etc. In this instance, they gave £1 extra than CEX were offering so in total I got like £8.50 extra across 2 games. I've heard some HMV stores have a system of giving you £2 extra on their price if you show their app. In the past at Gamestation, though they say they match, they've said 'Oh, it's only on the whole transaction' but I've also read people say they've managed to get +£1 on each item. So, yeah, luck of the draw I guess.