GAME no longer stocking EA Games..

Summers

All my pre-orders from Shopto have arrived a day early, so I'll vouch for them right now.

Aaaand ordered. I am personally holding you responsible if it doesn't turn up a day early, Bobfoc. I suggest you make your peace with god and your family on the 8th, just in case.

Looks promising though, they even have a thing on the website saying they'll try their best to get the game to you on release day.

GAME'S website currently won't let me cancel my pre-order with them. Suspicious. As soon as I can get the order cancelled, I'll find somewhere else to buy from.

All my pre-orders from Shopto have arrived a day early, so I'll vouch for them right now.

Aaaand ordered. I am personally holding you responsible if it doesn't turn up a day early, Bobfoc. I suggest you make your peace with god and your family on the 8th, just in case.

Looks promising though, they even have a thing on the website saying they'll try their best to get the game to you on release day.

I hope it works out for you, not only because I value my safety, but also because I've pre-ordered from Shopto as well. It would be just my luck that the one time my faith is misplaced happens to be the time I'm being held personally responsible.

Game/Gamestation didn't stock any ubisoft titles for Vita at release either. Honestly they're fucked and I'd be very surprised to see them around this time next year, the online market is so much easier and cheaper (including the game websote itself which charges less for most items than instore

It's sad to lose places like these especially for people who work and have worked for them for years but it's the way society is going, who wants to pay money to go to a local town centre to pay more for an item that can be delivered to your door within 24 hours for a cut price?

Official statement;

We know that there are a lot of gamers out there, like us, who are looking forward to Mass Effect 3 - and we are very disappointed to announce the following:

"We’re contacting you with news that, unfortunately we are not in a position to supply you with your copy of Mass Effect 3. As dedicated gamers, we know how disappointing this will be for you, and we apologise sincerely for the inconvenience that this will cause.

We value you as a customer very highly and want to demonstrate that to you by giving you a voucher code worth £5 off your next purchase and if you have placed a deposit with us, you’ll receive full refund*."

For more information on where you can get hold of Mass Effect 3, we would recommend you visit our Mass Effect 3 page

All customers who have preordered from us - in store or online - will be receiving this message that will tell you where you can get your copy of the game and how you will be getting £5 from us (as points or a voucher depending on how you preordered) as a thank you for your continuing loyalty to us.

* PLEASE NOTE: If you put down a deposit, you will be reimbursed your deposit money in the same way in which you paid. i.e. cash, credit card etc

Going back to ordering online, I've ordered games with both Amazon & Play, and they do generally arrive on day of release. From Play, WWE '12 came out on release (plus they stocked The People's Edition which I don't think anywhere else did except WWE.com) and Killzone 2 came the day before release. As for Amazon, from what I can remember, I think all of the new games I've got from them had already been released, such as Portal 2 or MW3, but they were super quick coming.

The overarching reason Game is fucked is pretty pretty straightforward. With lots of people being skint because of pay freezes and stuff, they are going to cut luxury, disposable goods out of their spending first. That's all that Game stocks.

That isn't the reason at all. Despite all the economic issues, the Video game industry is huge, and still raking in billions every year.

The issue, as has basically been shown by the continuing conversation, is people buying their games online. They are cheaper, they get there on the day (day before for some) and it is easier.

I'd also throw out the growing CEX-type shops, who generally offer better trade-in for games, and tends to end up with new games quickly, with prices also dropping quickly.

Edited by Liam