Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Now that Southampton have gone down, next season I believe we'll be one of only about 7 teams that have played in the Premiership every season...

The teams I'm certain of are:

Spurs

Man United

Everton

Aston Villa

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Not certain about Newcastle...

Okay, researched it....

There have been 13 Premiership seasons:

Spurs - 13

Chelsea - 13

Man Utd - 13

Liverpool - 13

Aston Villa - 13

Arsenal - 13

Everton - 13

Southampton - 13 *relegated

Newcastle - 12

Leeds - 12

Blackburn - 11

West Ham - 10

Middlesbrough - 10

Coventry - 9

Wimbledon - 8

Sheff. Weds - 8

Man City - 8

Leicester - 8

Bolton - 6

Charlton - 6

Derby - 6

Notts Forest - 5

Sunderland - 5

Ipswich - 5

QPR - 4

Fulham - 4

Crystal Palace - 4

Norwich - 4

Birmingham - 3

Portsmouth - 2

West Brom - 2

Bradford - 2

Sheff Utd - 2

Oldham - 2

Wolves - 1

Watford - 1

Barnsley - 1

Swindon - 1

If Everton finish in the top half next season the club will see it as a great sign of consolidation.

If Spurs finish below 7th we'll see the season as a faliure.

That's the difference.

I listen to Talk Sport a lot and when they're speaking to football pundits they often talk about how Chelsea joining the big two are great, and now are tlaking about how Manchester United will need to battle to stay ahead of clubs like Liverpool, Tottenham and Middlesbrough.

Everton aren't mentioned as an up and coming team.

They had a great season but I'd put money on them not repeating it.

Spurs have suspended sporting director Frank Arnesen after they revealed Chelsea made an approach to the Dane without their permission.

Arnesen says he wants to move to Chelsea, and Spurs have confirmed they are taking legal advice on the matter.

Spurs said on the club's website www.spurs.co.uk that the approach was made "in direct breach of FAPL rules.

"This approach was made both prior to requesting permission and without permission from the club."

The row over Arnesen comes only days after Chelsea were fined £300,000 and handed a suspended three-point deduction by Premier League officials for their role in an illegal meeting with Arsenal full-back Ashley Cole.

Arnesen arrived at Spurs at the start of last season and was instrumental in appointing Jacques Santini, then his successor Martin Jol.

He is also responsible for masterminding the club's transfer policy.

The Spurs statement added: "Notwithstanding that he is subject to contract and holds wide-ranging responsibilities and commitments to all parties at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, Frank has indicated that he wishes to move to Chelsea Football Club.

"Accordingly, the board of Tottenham Hotspur plc has suspended Frank Arnesen with immediate effect.

"The club is currently in discussions with its legal advisors and a further announcement will be made in due course."

The Premier League, however, are yet to receive a complaint from Spurs officials about the alleged approach to Arnesen.

"We have not received an official complaint," said Premier League spokesman Dan Johnson. "We await to see the action Tottenham wish to pursue."

Source: BBC Sport

Sure came out of nowhere...

Same old Chelsea...Always Cheating...

Same old Chelsea...Always Cheating...

But disappointed with Arnesen. The guys been doing a great job for Spurs. A lot of the good signings we've made have been attributed to him, and the 'European' style of organising the club (Footballing Director, 1st Team Manager, Assistant) paid dividends when Santini bailed on us. Tottenham have the potential to go places FINALLY IMO, and now he wants to leave.

Bugger!

People said that Chelsea having this money is good for football.

Fuck off is it, they just run around like they own fucking everything.

They need to dock them points and ban them from transfers for at least 6 months imo.

Adding to that, Chelsea charging fans up to £30 to have their picture taken with the Premiership trophy. I got mine with the Premiership, Charity Shiled and season unbeaten trohpy for free.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Gah Arnesen...That's a minor disaster.

And I'm no longer so friendly towards Chelsea....

And glancing over some burley guy's shoulder at The Sun today I see "Robinson off to United for £10million".

That had better be pure speculation cos United have no decent keepers...