Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Admin

Top of the League, you're having a laugh!

*tapes MotD*

I was at the match today. Martin Atkinson, a new Premiership ref, was in charge. He was absolutly dyer. Gave wrrong and bad decisions to both teams everywhere.

XD at us chanting 'Boring Boring Boro' when they were time wasting.

Edited by Messiah-Dice

Great start . WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE . WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE !

I think Hanson had a point on MOTD we cant have Carrick and Davids both sitting back . We should allow Carrick to go forward or replace him , Carrick has a fine pass (See Birmingham away last year to set up Kelly) and should be allowed to do so

I always prefered the "Fat Aussie Wanker" and "You'll Never Win Fuck All" Chants at Boro's games but hey .

I thought both of them we doing great getting forward actually. Almost every move we would have at least one if not both of them charging to the edge of the box and both of them had some great chances.

Generally however I still don't think we've been playing that well. Thee has been a lot of positive but we still haven't had a game where we've clicked and next weekend we'll really see how we can compete against the big three.

• Admin

Tottenham will be without winger Wayne Routledge for the next two months after he suffered a stress fracture of the foot.

The 20-year-old, a summer arrival from Crystal Palace, was forced to sit out Saturday's 2-0 win against Middlesbrough and afterwards boss Martin Jol revealed his absence was down to a serious injury.

"Getting a settled team is very important but now Wayne is going to be out for months," said Jol.

"He has a stress fracture of the foot and it is worse than we first thought. He is out for up to two months now."

However, there was some good news for Jol after Dutch midfielder Edgar Davids enjoyed an impressive debut against Boro as Spurs climbed to the top of the Premiership table.

He added: "It was Edgar's first game for months and he was a hero. He was exactly what I had in mind. We will be better, both mentally and physically, because of him." 

Aw fuck.

Edited by Messiah-Dice

I think Hanson had a point on MOTD we cant have Carrick and Davids both sitting back . We should allow Carrick to go forward or replace him , Carrick has a fine pass (See Birmingham away last year to set up Kelly) and should be allowed to do so

I always prefered the "Fat Aussie Wanker" and "You'll Never Win Fuck All" Chants at Boro's games but hey .

• Admin

Much like Spurs then.

I am praying you are a nEwcastle fan.

Much like Spurs then.

Pfft.

What have Liverpool won recently?

Oh, right...

As for yesterday, I'm happy and it's always nice to be top, however long it lasts. Defoe seems to be getting better and better, and we've kept two clean sheets without Ledley King - so the signs are good for a decent season. Jol always talks about having Carrick as a playmaker, so it'll be interesting to see his development.