Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

The Club today unveiled a new Club badge, the first new design since 1983. As well as replacing the old Club badge, the new design also replaces the Club crest, which was first introduced in 1956.

At the centre of the badge is the ‘Cockerel and Ball’, an image synonymous with the Club and throughout its history. It also carries the Club name, Tottenham Hotspur, the true, official name of the Club. It is unique. In a world of Uniteds, Citys and Rovers, there is only one Hotspur.

The new badge was designed following an extensive research programme that included consultation with groups of supporters, representatives of the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust and other key stakeholders, including shareholders, ex-players, Club officials and long-standing members of staff. These workshops were used to define the Club’s values, vision and personality.

Built around the Club’s core values of style, passion, unity, respect and sharing, the new Club badge has been created with the Club’s heritage at its heart whilst having a contemporary style that reflects the Club’s vision and motto of Audere est Facere (to Dare is to Do).

The Cockerel has been re-drawn to appear sleek and proud, athletic and elegant; its whole style is focused and alert. The Ball is taken from the original Cockerel and Ball that first sat on the roof of White Hart Lane in 1909, when former player William James Scott cast a copper centrepiece to perch on the new West Stand. Because of the style of the ball, the design is unique to Tottenham Hotspur. Such is the strength of the new badge, the Club name will not appear on the shirt version, which will be launched in the summer.

Daniel Levy, Chairman of Tottenham Hotspur commented: “The new Club badge is a powerful, modern identity. We have sought to reflect our traditions as well as our reputation for style. We knew it would be important to develop a badge everyone would feel was progressive, but without any sense of loss of our proud heritage and I feel we have achieved that. It has a contemporary feel that reflects the youth and dynamism of the Club, as well as expressing our ambitions and aspirations.”

Personally I'm just hoping that Liverpool beat United later. If they can take second and heap more woe on Alex Ferguson's team they might start to slide down the table, giving us a chance to steal third.

Though truth be told any decisive result one way or another will do.

Interesting that Jol went with Defoe and Keane up front. Though I thought that Rasiak's performance against Leicester was regretably woeful. Wonder if he'll stick with it.

Did see that Steffan Iverson was available on a free transfer, and attracting some Premiership interest. I'd love to see him back at the Lane (if only for a short time as cover for Mido). IMO he'd be far more reliable than Rasiak, being a proven scorer in the Prem.

Personally I'm just hoping that Liverpool beat United later. If they can take second and heap more woe on Alex Ferguson's team they might start to slide down the table, giving us a chance to steal third.

Though truth be told any decisive result one way or another will do.

Interesting that Jol went with Defoe and Keane up front. Though I thought that Rasiak's performance against Leicester was regretably woeful. Wonder if he'll stick with it.

Did see that Steffan Iverson was available on a free transfer, and attracting some Premiership interest. I'd love to see him back at the Lane (if only for a short time as cover for Mido). IMO he'd be far more reliable than Rasiak, being a proven scorer in the Prem.

Fair point, the squad we have now is a quantum leap in development beyond what we used to have. I'd also love to see a quality signing like Kuyt come in, but it looks increasingly like whatever money we've got in the transfer kitty will be spent on signing Mido on a permanent basis.

Iverson was always the best all-round striker out of Ferdinand, Armstrong and Rebrov. I just think he'd be a great short-term signing while Mido's away. While not the tallest he's good in the air, giving us some much needed firepower there, and he's a proven scorer, still an international and I think he'd fit right in with the team and playing at a Premier league level (something that Rasiak has yet to show). At the moment if Mido gets injured we are stuck with either Keane/Defoe (who I like together, but we lack hight when we play with them) or Keane (or Defoe) with Rasiak, which has failed to convince so far (though like everyone I'm hoping Rasiak will find his feet at this level and go on a tear).

Well looks like we'll be left trying to catch up with Liverpool after all: Man U 1:0 Liverpool.

Im hoping our money does go for signing Mido because we have signed players that rarely make an impact (Mills , El Hamdoui , Davis , Pamarot) and occasionally never make it into the first team set up (Limbersky , Hilmfreison (sp?) , Silva Sousa) . So we know what were getting with Mido

Problem is if Mido signs and we stick with the Keano/Mido partnership is Defoe gonna wanna sit around and wait for Keane to get injured ? I dont think so.

Edited by The Slickman