Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Nah, I don't think so. Arsenal players crashed into each other (Wasn't the fault of a Spurs player). Referee didn't halt play. No reason for Spurs to stop playing especially when they had worked themselves into a good position to score.

Referee asked if players who ran into each other were alright and they gave him the ok so waved play on. Fair goal, Henry's comment on the foul on Stalteri for their equliser was good too, refreshing to see some class.

We got the point which is all we wanted in the end, it's a shame though because like if we were to fail to finish fourth is something we were happty with (5th place was above our expectations, just after Europe really) but after dominating it's annoying to lose out on it. Shame we decided to lie down for the last 15 minutes really :ohwell:

Seemed to me more like Spurs ran out of steam towards the end. You could see it in the way that Arsenal were starting to create chances and find space, whereas in the first 70 minutes or so they couldn't move once they got the goal. I doubt Spurs would've been able to play keep ball for 10, 15 minutes.

Wenger had a good old moan about it.

Jol gave the best comment though, when asked on the 'incident' surrounding the Spurs goal he just said "I didn't see it".

When Wenger was interviewed he said "I can't believe he didn't see it! His bench should have" or somehting.

Great to see some more hypocritical action from Wenger.

I was away this morning, turned on the radio in a friend's car to find we were 1-0 up. Cue raucous celebrations from me. Shame they pulled back but still, wasn't Robbie like 10-1 to score first....He's the main man.

• Admin

Christ, what a day, and good riddance to the shitpit known as Highbury.

Left early, yeah yeah, had an entertaining journey listening to TalkSport's 'Fighting Talk' (hilariously about wrestling, wherre there were discussions of SCSA, The Rock, Mick Foley, 'faces/heels', Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy, Velvet McIntyre (0_o), and more. And a rant on those suing panda's). Get near the stadium... The parking there... holy fuck. After 45 minutes, we park a few miles away, and are resigned to walking there. Which isn't good if you've just had back surgery. So, we reach our seats 30 minutes late. Ah well.

Emirates Stadium looks immense, btw.

As for the game - Spurs dominated, and the Arsenal fans around me admitted it. Fantastic performance (no Jenas, perhaps?), even the last 15. Henry's goal was an amazing goal, but Touré should not have been allowed to run that far forwards with the ball. I disagree that we got sloppy; if you were 1-0 up at Highbury with 15 minutes left, you would sit back and defend too. 1-1. Fair result, but Spurs could have easily won it.

I don't know why the post comes up twice, btw.

To be honest , I feel we were slightly unlucky yesterday . Arsenal can whine and bitch about cheating but at the end of the day we didnt injure them . If they felt hard done by then they got what they think they deserved when Adebyour just whacked Stalteri in his leg and although Stalteri continued to try and play on , it was a foul .

I think ive strained a muscle in my shoulder/back celebrating our goal , there was only like 5 people in the club house and we went mental .