Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Admin

Terry Dixon faces a spell on the sidelines after dislocating his knee on Academy duty.

The highly-rated young striker – recently called into the full Republic of Ireland squad – suffered the setback in our league match against Norwich City.

Terry has since undergone surgery to stabilise the knee and, as Academy manager John McDermott explained, he expects the 16-year-old to make a full recovery.

John said: “Terry had his operation last week and the surgeons were very happy.

“I spoke to him before the operation and we know this will be a tough time for him. He’ll be in the gym, away from the training pitch where he excels and it’s a mental challenge for him now to rebuild the strength in the knee.

“He’ll do it though - he’s determined and although he’ll have his ups and downs, he’ll get through it.”

:(

Anyone else going tomorrow?

Yeah, well I finally have my laptop up and working so its about time the whole of the Sports Bar hates me again.

Where are we going wrong this year ? No imagination.

Lennon's injured so we have no options apparently, if Jol thinks Lennon is our only option to win a game he should be sacked. I love Lennon but he is not our only threat. For a start Zokora and Jenas are the only ones making runs into the opposing area, so why not play Edgar Davids in his REAL position and let Zokora go forward and play Reto Ziegler A REAL FUCKING WINGER on the left.

Berbatov is injured, we wont score goals ? Mido, Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe ? give them the service they will score. Also someone please tell me why when playing a team like Liverpool with the tall strong center halves they have we decide to whack the ball in the air towards Defoe and Keane when the only reason there playng is we have the pace over Agger and Hypia !.

I really think if this run continues in the league and we lose to West Ham Martin Jol will have to have a lot to answer for.

Still though we were lacking in imagination tonight. At least we finally got a goal though, got the first UEFA cup round out of the way.

The side still seems to lack balance. Unfortunatly without Routledge, and having gotten rid of Dean Marney we don't really seem to have anyone to play up the right convincingly. People have suggested Jamie O'Hara in this role, though never having seen him play I can't speak as to how effective that'd be.

I think the solution would be to play:

Robinson

Dawson King Gardner

Chimbonda Zeigler

Zokora Tainio

Jenas

Mido Keane

IMO 5-3-2 is the way forward, it gives us width, Chimbonda was the only guy really running the right for most of the match anyway, we don't have to worry about Lee Y-P at LB (though I though he put in a good performance today) and our midfeilders get to concentrate on playing, what I believe to be, their best positions.

EDIT: that was supposed to be a diagram, but I'm sure you can see how they'd line up, 3 center backs, 2 WB, 2 CM, 1 ACM, 2 Fwds.

Edited by marksbros6

Too many new signings, everyone's having to settle in. Not a big fan of Zokora or Chimbonda yet and still can't get behind Danny Murphy.

We're through in UEFA but we need to get moving in the league.

Jol's trying to bed everyone in and he's the best manager we've had since Venables so leave off him and cut him some slack. However we do this season he MUST lead us out at the start of '07/'08.

IMO 5-3-2 is the way forward, it gives us width, Chimbonda was the only guy really running the right for most of the match anyway, we don't have to worry about Lee Y-P at LB (though I though he put in a good performance today) and our midfeilders get to concentrate on playing, what I believe to be, their best positions.

• Admin

The Club is delighted to announce that we have agreed terms with Karlsund HFK to sign Swedish youth international goalkeeper Oscar Jansson.

The deal will see Oscar join us on January 1, 2007.

Oscar impressed on duty for Sweden Under-16s in the Nordic Cup this year and was in Under-17 squad for the UEFA European U17 Championship qualifying against Austria, Greece and Liechtenstein earlier this month.

At first glance I thought it was a clear penalty so could see how the referee gave it... I suppose it evened out when he never gave the handball in the second half.

Not really.

I don't mind spurs, but people diving about like that is cuntish and needs to be stamped out.