GoGo Yubari

A plot point they'll probably devote part of next year to:

Pete and Trudy are not divorced yet. So I'm not completely sure on divorce laws in New York but it's certainly a possibility she comes after Pete for a million dollars. It'll be interesting to watch.

Of course the most important disintegrating marriage is what happens to Megan now that she has all but told Don outright that it's over.

And, yeah, Harry is fucked since you're right and McCann would have to approve him as partner now. Hilarious since his wife was hanging on for some of his partner money in the divorce and also hilarious because it's Harry.

Still bothered they haven't even discussed Ginsberg since he got carted off to the mental hospital. Hopefully at some point next year it's discussed.

Stan visited him, Peggy won't. That was it.

I think we've seen the last of Alison Brie. I'm just not sure where Trudy fits in unless they to reconcile.

Megan also has no purpose, I doubt we'll see her again either.

I mean Trudy and Pete can have a nasty divorce case with all the money now at stake. The late 60's and early 70's were the most important period in history for divorce law. Would not be surprising at all to have them approach the subject.

Regarding Trudy:

It's interesting because at the end of Season 3, Betty had to go live in Reno for 6 weeks because her lawyer told her that the state of New York didn't grant divorces. I'm just not sure divorce law is something they'll waste any of their final seven how on. The only reason we heard about Harry's divorce was to establish why he wasn't a partner yet.

• 10 months later...

I want to be hyped for the end but I can't be, it feels like a story that needs more than 7 episodes to wrap up. So many characters who have compelling stories that I want to follow into the 70s and 80s. That said, I'm trying to piece together what I expect to happen.

Here's a list of 5 things I want to see:

1- Roger dodging death again.

2- Don and Megan trying one final time to make it work, somehow pissing off every one of his co-workers and her family in the process. It ending in failure because it can't possibly work as long as Don stays as Don Draper.

3- Peggy becoming creative director, probably at a separate agency.

4- Sally doing tons of drugs

5- Betty repeatedly pissing off Henry as she exerts some form of independence, and probably spending at least one night with Don while he's in a total crisis.

I want to be hyped for the end but I can't be, it feels like a story that needs more than 7 episodes to wrap up. So many characters who have compelling stories that I want to follow into the 70s and 80s. That said, I'm trying to piece together what I expect to happen.

Here's a list of 5 things I want to see:

1- Roger dodging death again.

2- Don and Megan trying one final time to make it work, somehow pissing off every one of his co-workers and her family in the process. It ending in failure because it can't possibly work as long as Don stays as Don Draper.

3- Peggy becoming creative director, probably at a separate agency.

4- Sally doing tons of drugs

5- Betty repeatedly pissing off Henry as she exerts some form of independence, and probably spending at least one night with Don while he's in a total crisis.

6- Pete Campbell gets eaten by a bear <_<

Seriously though, I agree that it seems like a story that needs more than 7 episodes (and preferably not a year in between episodes) but if anybody can do it, it's Matthew Weiner.

Sterling and Chough both have glorious mustaches and they've been the most common suggestions for characters who will die outside of Don this season. Cue Reddit fan theories!

Peggy's single life appears to power on.

Joan just dropping money all over the place is fabulous while Pete curses the government and worries he doesn't get to keep any of his money.

I was a little surprised by Ken getting a lot of screentime this season but oh lord the punchline to it all, oh lord.

But most importantly what the fuck is going on with Don?

This episode was probably great for people who have any investment or interest in Don's love life. Which... is not me. Roger and Peggy aside that was a wasted hour for me.

Yeah that was a theme.

It's weird that they're introducing new characters and stories as the show only has 3 episodes and presumably 4 hours left (I'm guessing the finale is a 2 hour affair, right?). Just like, how are they gonna possibly wrap this up? I guess for most of the characters it makes sense that their lives just continue to go on, but the major and compelling ones have a lot that needs to be resolved for a satisfying end. And spending an episode with Glen Bishop as a featured character just felt too unnecessary, as intriguing as seeing the many reactions to Vietnam was.

Ugh, fuck off Glen Bishop.

He makes me root for the Viet Cong

I texted my friend the minute that scene ended and just said "Hope he dies in 'Nam."

Someone really should have told Matthew Weiner his son can't act. Especially since all his scenes have been with talented, believable actresses in January Jones and Kiernan Shipka (even if her future is in voice acting). And meanwhile here's this kid just messing everything up and sounding nervous as all hell at having a camera in his face.

I texted my friend the minute that scene ended and just said "Hope he dies in 'Nam."

Someone really should have told Matthew Weiner his son can't act. Especially since all his scenes have been with talented, believable actresses in January Jones and Kiernan Shipka (even if her future is in voice acting). And meanwhile here's this kid just messing everything up and sounding nervous as all hell at having a camera in his face.

I said literally just about the same thing on Alan Sepinwall's blog last night. Judd Apatow is starting to get a tad offended by the nepotism displayed by the Weiner family.

But putting Bob Benson in teaser montage and not delivering Bob Benson should be a felony and quite possibly a death penalty offense.

• Like 1

I said literally just about the same thing on Alan Sepinwall's blog last night. Judd Apatow is starting to get a tad offended by the nepotism displayed by the Weiner family.

But putting Bob Benson in teaser montage and not delivering Bob Benson should be a felony and quite possibly a death penalty offense.

MRW Bob Benson is not actually in the episode...

200.gif