GoGo Yubari

I watched the first season of this and although I didn't hate it, I didn't really feel the need to press on. It felt like a well made show where nothing happens, and it was a little too slow moving for me. I've heard about last night's episode and it sounds batshit insane, making me think that maybe I was hasty in writing it off. Should I give it another go, or is it likely that if I didn't enjoy Season 1 I wont enjoy it at all?

I watched the first season of this and although I didn't hate it, I didn't really feel the need to press on. It felt like a well made show where nothing happens, and it was a little too slow moving for me. I've heard about last night's episode and it sounds batshit insane, making me think that maybe I was hasty in writing it off. Should I give it another go, or is it likely that if I didn't enjoy Season 1 I wont enjoy it at all?

Oh, Season 1. At the end Joan banged Paul Kinsey, how can you say that nothing happened?

I don't recall that happening in season 1 itself, when was that? They were an item before the series started.

Related note, I miss Kinsey :( COME BACK, KINSEY.

And if you didn't like Season 1 it's probably a sign it's not for you.

I dunno. I've always loved the show, but once it started becoming less about Don and Betty, I think it's gotten better and better. I may be the minority on this and also in need of a rewatch, but I think season 5 and onward has been the show at its best. I am absolutely loving this season.

Season 5 is the only season of the show that I don't think deserved an Emmy for Best Drama. Perhaps because it followed my favorite season, Season 4. This season has been spectacular and is a fitting conclusion to everything that has been happening since season 5 though. I just figure if you didn't like the setting and structure of the first season nothing thereafter is going to keep you glued. Ignoring its technical achievements and great writing the show still isn't for everyone. Especially if they like a lot of cliffhangers and action in their shows.

I also wouldn't read too much into the latest episode being batshit insane because that's something they pull out at least one a season.

But I would agree, if you've gone through an entire season and still don't find it very interesting, you're probably not going to find much to enjoy while watching the rest of the series.

Season 5 is the only season of the show that I don't think deserved an Emmy for Best Drama. Perhaps because it followed my favorite season, Season 4. This season has been spectacular and is a fitting conclusion to everything that has been happening since season 5 though. I just figure if you didn't like the setting and structure of the first season nothing thereafter is going to keep you glued. Ignoring its technical achievements and great writing the show still isn't for everyone. Especially if they like a lot of cliffhangers and action in their shows.

Season 5 is my favorite season. :lol: