GoGo Yubari

Okay, I'll do without because they don't seem to be working.

I thought this was a really strong episode. I haven't been the hugest fan of this season (or series, I can never remember which in America,) maybe because the last was so strong but this episode really grabbed me.

Don, in the plane - "You're the guy who flew here in his own plane." - and getting rejected by Linda Cardellini was great and I really think it brought him back to what he was doing. Ironically, I think that came through the strongest when Megan's voice was phased out.

Just watched "The Crash" last night. Goddamn, what an episode. Just a zillion things to love. I missed Joan, as it would have been great to get her reaction to everyone riding the crazy high, but that's the only remotely negative thing I have to say. Just fucking glorious.

• Like 1

Me at the end of the scene where Abe agrees to sell the house: "Okay, Peggy, don't break up with Abe. Your track record with every other guy compared to Abe is pretty dire, Peggy. You slept with Duck Phillips, Peggy.

Don't break up with Abe."

Me ten minutes later: "PEGGY NOOOOOO D:"

The internet is kinda going nuts over this POTENTIAL SPOILER.

I'm not sure how true it is as it's nothing but speculation but it would be pretty nuts if it were to happen. I think we all know that the Don/Megan marriage is doomed but something other than just a break-up would totally be something Weiner would do. We'll see.

• Like 1

He's the most in-tune with what's going on with the company because his home life is an irreparable disaster and he's more worried about his own position than anyone else.

Plus, he's always been a little forward-thinking (see: his positions on race and politics). Pete seems to have a better grasp on what the future holds than the rest of the agency, but he's also Pete Campbell and an insecure, paranoid wreck who has openly schemed and plotted to advance himself before and so he has no real credibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Anytime Vincent Kartheiser is on screen I just can't help but to stare at Pete Campbell's hairline and watch it retreat like an army that has been overwhelmed by it's opposition.

That was a very strong episode last week. This Ted/Don/Peggy dynamic is working really well and anytime Jim Cutler does anything is pure joy. I have a sense that something very big is going to happen tomorrow, something along the lines of Bob or Pete killing the other or Don and Ted having a big showdown.

Well that was certainly interesting.

I'm not really quite sure what next season is going to be like with all the change that happened in the episode but damn if I can't wait.

I really like that Don seems to be tackling his past head-on instead of trying to mask it with booze and women. I wonder if he even goes back to the agency at all because I would imagine that at some point next season, someone (probably Peggy) is going to beg him to come back.