Diablo III

Ruki

Maybe.

I'm not really too well kitted out just yet, kept my purchases from the Auction house to around the 5k gold level and figured i'd spend it properly once I hit 60 caus there's no point in buying something for a ton of gold and having to replace it when you out level it. I can handle most stuff fine, just when I was trying to the do the tower level with that spider woman at the bottom, kept getting illusionist champs and elites that would make like 10 copies of themselves and wipe me out.

Tried a quick Nephelam valour run and got my GF/MF up to 75/77 which is pretty good caus I don't think I have much on my gear. I swapped out two items for slightly inferior ones that had MF and got it up to 95. Wasn't too fruitful caus I didn't hit a boss but got one or two golds, lots of blues and a few gold pieces.

A fun fact is that a lot of level 50-60 drops are actually a lot better than what you can buy at the level 60 auction house. I think the drop rates will change in the next patch and the ballance of how strong the items you get are is supposed to change soon after.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A gigant patch just hit today reworking a lot of the game. I think the auction house is still live till the addone comes out but they changed a lot around the difficulty, you no longer have to finish the game 2346 times to get to the good stuff, drops are smarter, bosses are different ect. pp.

The new 2.0.1 patch is a huge improvement to the base experience. I tried it out on the PTR for a bit and enjoyed it, but now it's hit the live servers and it's amazing. Really looking back it's a shame this wasn't the way the game was released originally.

Word of warning: don't buy legendaries from the AH. They're BOA and there's currently a bug that allows them to be listed. You'll spend your gold, but never receive the item.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you use the key FLAP!FLAP! and buy giftcards (which are discounted) over at G2A.com you can get the addone for about 23€, thats almost half of what blizzard wants you to pay (but you dont get the box, obviusly)

I think it´s a good deal. It´s also a global key (they sell the russian one seperate for even less) so there should be no trubble.

I went back to this a few weeks back after the patch hit. They weren't kidding about the loot, I think the first enemy I killed dropped a gold/rare item and then the 2nd one did too. Managed to eventually overhaul my Wizard entirely and tripled her damage output.

That and got one my other characters up to the mid 40's just from playing through Act 1 on one of the harder difficulties because the XP bonus gets ramped up something crazy, like 2, 3, 400%.

I played a bit of Act 1 with the new class yesterday and to be honnest... playing it on Master feels more or less like the game felt day one. It might be a bit harder but that gets negated by you actualy getting propper drops. - It´s still fun to play it again after all this time and i am darn happy that i dont have to finish the game 5 times again to get this character endgame ready. :D

• 7 months later...