The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

• Admin
Manchester United have confirmed that midfielder Paul Pogba has left the club to join Juventus.

The 19-year-old's contract at Old Trafford expired this summer and he had been expected to leave.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson told MUTV: "Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we're aware. Which is disappointing.

"I don't think he showed us any respect at all so, to be honest, I'm quite happy."

Norwich striker Grant Holt has agreed a new three-year deal with the club.

The 31-year-old, who scored 17 goals last season, had a transfer request rejected by the Canaries in May following a dispute over a new deal.

City reportedly turned down a number of offers from West Ham for the former Shrewsbury and Nottingham Forest man.

"I'm really pleased we've agreed things and I've got the deal which gives me and my family a bit of security," Holt told the official Norwich website.

"I do appreciate where the club was coming from in terms of the process we've gone through to get to this point.

"Now I'm just really keen to concentrate on getting back to work with the rest of the lads and concentrating on having a good pre-season and getting ready for the start of another season in the Premier League."

Jamie Ness is set to complete his move to Stoke from Rangers after agreeing a four-year contract.

Hull City boss Steve Bruce says he has had no contact with former England striker Emile Heskey.

• Admin
Sky Sports understands former Swansea star Gylfi Sigurdsson is poised to seal his move to Tottenham in the next 24 hours.

The Icelandic international is expected to be unveiled as new Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas' first signing on Wednesday.

Spurs have beaten Liverpool to the 22-year-old's signature with Brendan Rodgers keen to be reunited with the attacking midfielder having signed him last season at Swansea.

Sigurdsson enjoyed a successful spell on loan at Swansea last season and his performances have not gone unnoticed.

The talented playmaker scored seven goals in 19 games for Swansea last term and was named the Premier League player of the month for March.

Swansea had agreed a deal to sign Sigurdsson on a permanent basis, but Rodgers' departure to Liverpool all but saw their hopes of signing him ended.

Spurs are believed to have agreed a fee with Hoffenheim for Sigurdsson with the former Reading man also agreeing personal terms and passing a medical at White Hart Lane.

(Y)

Manchester United have confirmed that midfielder Paul Pogba has left the club to join Juventus.

The 19-year-old's contract at Old Trafford expired this summer and he had been expected to leave.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson told MUTV: "Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we're aware. Which is disappointing.

"I don't think he showed us any respect at all so, to be honest, I'm quite happy."

Oh boo-hoo. He's probably under the impression he wasn't given any chance to flourish and instead ended up stagnating.

Scored a penalty for France U19's as well against Serbia yesterday.

Arsene, last year, said that "you buy a keeper, you kill a keeper" so unless he has no faith in Sczesny then I don't believe this whatsoever.

And refused to enter the bidding for Xabi Alonso when he could possibly have got him because it would've "killed" Denilson's development.

I can't see them buying a keeper unless Fabianski leaves and they need a new #2, which I think they do. But Wenger is apparently quite keen on the young Argentine (Martinez?) and then there's Mannone, so maybe no new goalkeepers at all.

Edit: With Pogba, players you acquire like that often leave the same way, it's to be expected.

The funniest thing regarding Pogba is that he wanted more chances and first team football...so he joins Juventus :lol:

Of course there's talk that he'll go straight on loan to Udinese, but still. This is Juventus that consist of Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal in the midfield, there's not a single chance he's getting hardly any time ahead of those, certainly not while Conte is in charge. And that's not even taking into account the likes of Asamoah etc. I hope I'm wrong as he's clearly got potential, so best of luck to him.

Lucio to Juve also seemingly a done deal on a free too.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

The funniest thing regarding Pogba is that he wanted more chances and first team football...so he joins Juventus :lol:

Of course there's talk that he'll go straight on loan to Udinese, but still. This is Juventus that consist of Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal in the midfield, there's not a single chance he's getting hardly any time ahead of those, certainly not while Conte is in charge. And that's not even taking into account the likes of Asamoah etc. I hope I'm wrong as he's clearly got potential, so best of luck to him.

Lucio to Juve also seemingly a done deal on a free too.

Weren't United always going on about his contract demands being ridiculous for a player of his age? Maybe Juve were willing to take more of a gamble on him now and pay him a decent wage in the hope he's tied to the contract and progresses well.

I'm sure Pogba will be a very wealthy man whatever happens.

Looking to this season, I think Carroll will find a return to form that Torres started to find over the course of last season, if Liverpool fans show him some patience.

The only Liverpool fans who've been on his back are the morons (so all of them then lolz!) and the majority have nothing but patience and want to see the big man do well. Having watched him all but a few weeks I was quite pleased with his contribution - he looked pretty solid in terms of build-up play throughout the 2nd half of the season. How he'll fit in with Rodger's style of play will be interesting but as the line goes, if Danny Graham can do it...

He'll do well if he gets a run in the side regardless of style played, he's not a Crouch style head on a stick he's a good all round striker and I'd expect a good return next season.

Goes to place Carroll and Leon Best top league goal scorer double...

Looking to this season, I think Carroll will find a return to form that Torres started to find over the course of last season, if Liverpool fans show him some patience.

The only Liverpool fans who've been on his back are the morons (so all of them then lolz!) and the majority have nothing but patience and want to see the big man do well. Having watched him all but a few weeks I was quite pleased with his contribution - he looked pretty solid in terms of build-up play throughout the 2nd half of the season. How he'll fit in with Rodger's style of play will be interesting but as the line goes, if Danny Graham can do it...

I don't think that's a fair assessment. He won me over in the end but there was a long time that I thought he was the drizzling shits. He's a striker - it's his job to score goals. Otherwise we might as well have played an extra midfielder instead. Where would we have been if Robbie Fowler was more concerned with build-up play?

That being said, yeah, he's definitely improved and I'm perfectly willing to give him another chance. I think he has a lot to offer yet.