The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

I've heard that Anzhi Makhalalala are gonna bid for him. To be honest, if I were him, I'd take Man City (or anywhere really) over Anzhi.

Depends how much cash is on offer, I'd go to the highest bidder.

If he does go to City, didn't they spend a load of money on De Jong when he had about 6 months left on his contract?

Completely different circumstances really, they signed him very early on into their transfer dealings and desperately needed him. They knew that he'd have gone to another club if they'd waited so had to sign him at the earliest available time.

Now City have gradually improved and have Champions League football, you'd expect them to sign players at reasonable prices these days. There wouldn't be that much competition from them this season if they do place a bid, knowing that most other clubs would happily wait a season and try and get him on a free. Only Anzhi, Malaga and maybe Juventus would be able to make a reasonable bid, and as football is a buyers market City could probably get him for about £16-18m after a few smaller bids throughout early August.

Can't see him going anywhere but to Man City. I mean, realistically yeah they can offer obscene wages but I think in the coming years they are team to be at if you want to win silverware.

Can't see Barcelona or Madrid signing him, neither particularly need him. Then again, I wouldn't say Man City are crying out for him either.

Would love for a swap with Higuain but 0% chance of that happening.

• Admin

:lmao:

Made my day. My Arsenal supporting missus is NOT happy.

She'd better have the most ridiculously perfect breasts and make an incredible sandwich.

Check and check.

Random things:

- Everton have signed striker Steven Naismith after he rejected a contract transfer from the old Rangers to the new company. He reunites with Nikica Jelavic.

- Aberdeen have bolstered their squad with the signing of former Celtic forward Niall McGinn.

- Colchester have signed striker Freddie Sears from West Ham on a free transfer.

- Ian Black has agreed in principle to join Rangers but the deal is dependent on which league the relaunched club will play in, BBC Scotland has learned.

I'd rather earn marginally less and live in London or Barcelona than cope with Anzhi. Money is money, but a touch of quality of life is quite nice too.

Anzhi players live and train in Moscow, and only go to Dagestan for their home matches. Which I'm sure is delightful. :)

That said I'm sure he could move to a big European club and compete for honours, if he went to Barcelona though I wouldn't be surprised to see him become lesser favourite when David Villa is fully fit.

Edited by IAceI