The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Well I honestly didn't think the RVP deal would happen.

I've got mixed feelings, torn between the "OMG RVP" hyped reaction of us actually signing a world class player in his prime. And the cynacism that comes with spending so much on a player I don't think we need, who has no sell on potential, and has a pretty torrid injury record.

Guest mr. potato head

A little surprised RVP ended up leaving after Arsenal made some big-time signings, but happy enough with the fee.

Go turn into half the player you were at Emirates Robin, kthxbye. -_-

Really dissappointed. We all knew RVP was leaving but I really never expected it to be to Man United. Hes not a mercenary or any of that stupid shit people are crying about, but I thought Man U would be the only place he'd never go to, after proclaiming himself to be a lifelong Gunners fan even if he does leave. Its a bit shit that he's went to the only club in England I genuinely dislike, but its a fantastic piece of business for them. Getting that price for the best striker in the country, when Liverpool paid £30 million for Andy Carroll is astonishing.

Man U fans whining are the worst. I don't wish an injury on Van Persie, but I do hope he's a shadow of his former self from last year. I wouldn't have bothered if it was City or Real or Barca or whereever, but I'm just so disappointed it was Man U that got him. Oh well, what the hell.

Brendan Rodgers is expected to confirm the Nuri Sahin loan tomorrow, with the option of a permanent deal. Cristian Tello is apparently staying at Barcelona though.

Brilliant deal for them if true, really would of loved to see him at United. Him alongside Allen with Lucas slightly behind in the middle would probably be a great combination.

Not sure how true but talk that Llorente to Juve is a done deal? If it happens then that could be the missing piece for them. Brilliant defence, outstanding midfield and all they lacked at times last season was a quality striker (Vucinic and Matri can be great but they're way too inconsistent). They'd of stormed the league if they had that last season, this could be a brilliant signing for them.

Edit: Apparently not a done deal...yet.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

I can't believe United fans are bitching about signing RVP. You really are the worst.

I'm guessing it's not to do with the player himself, but because it'll mean that Man United will have to completely change their formation to accommodate him.

It's a pretty risky transfer overall and it's not just Manchester United fans going "Yeah we've got Van Persie but we really wanted Messi", it's mostly them going "Couldn't we have got a player in a position that we NEEDED?"

• Like 1

EWB seems to have hit the big time with this new influx of South American talent we've got in the forum! Hopefully they're all as quality as rafael.

How dare you? :angry: That's it. I'm done with this forum

Do you not like rafael :o!? There I was one day thinking, I wish I had access to more news about Brazil for these Olympics, and then BAM, rafael appears like a knight in shining armour to grant me my wish.

09_MHG_RIO_1012_vila.jpg

Yeah, yeah.... things are pretty good at Rio for the Olympics. shifty.gif

6029292981_418d8a6ecd_z.jpg

World Cup doing much better, I'd say.

There's something called Confederations Cup, and most stadiums aren't half finished.

Everybody talking about Van Persie, but the big news is, Portsmouth actually signed someone! w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif( in non-contract terms shifty.gif )

His name is Simon Eastwood. And he's a 23-year-old goalkeeper.

Also, brazilian bad boy Felipe Melo has been loaned out to Galatasaray once again. The only difference this time is that he has a 6.5M Euros buy clause.

I can't believe United fans are bitching about signing RVP. You really are the worst.

I'm guessing it's not to do with the player himself, but because it'll mean that Man United will have to completely change their formation to accommodate him.

It's a pretty risky transfer overall and it's not just Manchester United fans going "Yeah we've got Van Persie but we really wanted Messi", it's mostly them going "Couldn't we have got a player in a position that we NEEDED?"

Just be thankful City didn't get him first.