45 - Gaslight Anthem

Dingle

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/handwritten/1000004012291654/#product_images

30 second previews of all the tracks. I need this album immediately.

I've got the deluxe version of the album pre-ordered on iTunes. I need to hear this album in full right now.

Sounds fantastic. Was a bit sceptical when I just heard the track previews because everything just sounded the same as always. I still want them to move away from this safety zone they've cornered themselves into, but definitely seeing Gaslight at Leeds Fest for some of the new songs.

Somehow didn't notice this the first time I listened through, probably because I was getting ready to head out, but Biloxi Parish has undergone a change for the album and I think I prefer it. Different break down and some slight tweaks on lyrics, but it's better now.

Quickly falling for every single song.

I pre-ordered the signed edition with extra tracks, but I can't wait for it to arrive, so I downloaded a leak. It's wonderful, spot-on mix of Sink or Swim and the follow-ups. I'm not sure I understand why it's gotten such shitty reviews (at least in the UK press); I think possibly because they're comparing Gaslight to Bruce rather than enjoying Gaslight for their own sound. My only criticism so far is the overuse of the line "with the radio on."

I had this on at work the other day and I thought it was a bit slow and meandering. A little dull. I'll probably need to listen to it again but I really expected the third album only to be a blip with Handwritten grabbing me instantly in the manner of the first two.

I heard for 45 for the first time on the radio today and I loved it, I was singing along by the end too. Really picked me up. I'm currently listening to the album on Spotify now, and I'm liking it thus far. I imagine they'd be a great live/festival band, combining the best parts of Springsteen and Pearl Jam in one.

No dates in Cardiff though. :/

I heard for 45 for the first time on the radio today and I loved it, I was singing along by the end too. Really picked me up. I'm currently listening to the album on Spotify now, and I'm liking it thus far. I imagine they'd be a great live/festival band, combining the best parts of Springsteen and Pearl Jam in one.

They're much better in an arena than an open stage like at a festival. Loved seeing them at Manchester Academy and in the NME Tent at Leeds Fest, but on the main stage at Leeds they just weren't as enjoyable for whatever reason.

I guess that maybe more people who know who they are were at the tent stage than the main stage? That would probably help with the atmosphere.

I really like the album now it's finished, and have headed over to Amazon to buy it. The standard version is £6! The deluxe version with 3 extra songs is £12. That's terrible. :/ But I do like Blue Dhalia, and the cover of Sliver is decent. But not worth £6. :/

I am going to see them in Bristol, is it that much more of a trek for you?

I guess that maybe more people who know who they are were at the tent stage than the main stage? That would probably help with the atmosphere.

I really like the album now it's finished, and have headed over to Amazon to buy it. The standard version is £6! The deluxe version with 3 extra songs is £12. That's terrible. :/ But I do like Blue Dhalia, and the cover of Sliver is decent. But not worth £6. :/

If you give me your e-mail address or something, I'll send you the bonus tracks.

The main thing is I don't have a job so really I feel like if it's not a big thing (a la Hard Rock Calling/Soundgarden) I can't justify it. Plus I doubt I'd find anyone to go with me if was a little bit of a trek. To be fair, I didn't even notice Bristol on the list too :P

I bought the album (by the way I meant it was £6 for the CD if it wasn't clear, I avoid digital downloads where possible). And don't worry, I've downloaded the bonus songs anyway already, as well as 45 to tide me over until it arrives. Cheers for the offer though. (Y)

I'd argue small gigs/in door gigs/tent gigs are always much better. They're more intimate, and chances are, the people that are there are there because they loved the band. My favourite venue I've been to is the smallest - there's just something much more special about it. You're usually much closer too, and there's not a huge distance between crowd and stage, which I always find helps.