Adam "MCA" Yauch of the Beastie Boys is dead.

GoGo Yubari

I knew the Yauch had cancer but not that it was this advanced. Being a somewhat big Beastie Boys fans, this is really sad, especially seeing as Hot Sauce Comittee was a great album and that it sounded like more like that was being planned by the group. Rest in peace, MCA. :(

Beastie Boys were one of my absolute favorites growing, so this very sad news to hear. Makes me wish I still had all of my old Beastie Boys albums that I lost, I could go for some right about now.

The hip hop they did was great, and I obviously loved the punk work they did before they got big. They used to play CBGB with the liks of Bad Brains and Reagan Youth before they focused their music more on hip hop.

Robin Gibb is still alive though, isn't he?

Yeah, I doubt Mike D and Ad-Rock are going to be looking for a replacement though.

• Like 2

Beastie Boys were one of my absolute favorites growing, so this very sad news to hear. Makes me wish I still had all of my old Beastie Boys albums that I lost, I could go for some right about now.

The hip hop they did was great, and I obviously loved the punk work they did before they got big. They used to play CBGB with the liks of Bad Brains and Reagan Youth before they focused their music more on hip hop.

Yeah, this is what I absolutely love about the Beastie Boys: they got their start in hip hop by making what was essentially a spoof of a hip hop song while still considering themselves a punk band. Then, Rick Rubin heard that song and helped develop them into one of the greatest hip hop groups of all time (I'd probably argue the greatest hip hop group, but don't feel like turning the thread into a debate about that so let's stick with "one of...").

:crying:

The Beastie Boys, Run DMC and the Bee Gees losing members to the Grim Reaper within, what, the last 10 years? Damnit.,

...oh great, now I can't get the idea of the surviving members getting together to form a supergroup out of my head.

Their new hit single "You Gotta Fight in Hollis Queens To Stay Alive"?