Madden NFL 13

DYSI

I just had a pretty awesome game.... playing as Green Bay vs The Chargers, nothing I could do with Aaron Rogers was working and just continually throwing intercepts. All these intercepts, plus a fumble of the first play of the Game by Starks led the Chargers to a 12-0 lead, courtesy of 4 field goals. I hit a field goal right on the bell for Halftime to make it 12 - 3.

I sub out Rogers, and bring on BJ Coleman, and I start to hit the passes, start to make some plays and get up the field. I end up scoring a TD in the 3rd, so the score is back to 12 - 10, which stayed that way at 3/4 time.

The fourth starts with a long pass by Whitehurst, with an intercept by me, and a run of around 70, to bring it to the 1 yard line. I score two plays later, and I've hit the front 17-12. I end up scoring again with 30 seconds to go to make it 24 - 12.

Games like this make it so much fun.

Is Fantasy Draft just basically reshuffling all the rosters or something else?

You draft a roster from everyone in the game until you fill the roster so I guess kind of a reshuffling?

And I hope this means we can edit rosters soon also. I really like playing 4-3 and it would be nice to just move LBs to DE with a permanent change in position. I guess you would have to be able to change the defensive scheme also.

Edited by Trench

So what careers have people been playing? I'll probably start one as coach of the Lions soon; but I'm also start one as a player in the not too distant future. I was thinking of a QB, but you essentially play as QB in every game in Quick-Play and Coach career modes anyway so I might be a wide-receiver or as a cornerback.

In an unrelated note, last night I had a near 80 yard kick off return ruled out for holding. The air was blue for a good minute afterwards.

My favourite one right now is a Head Coach career I'm playing with a friend. I'm the chiefs and he's the Raiders and we sim all games apart from our yearly games. His first playoff appearance featured a Superbowl loss to the Lions in 2016, then the following year my Chiefs went one better and beat the Lions in the Superbowl :D. Just had my team decimated in the off season due to salary cap, so this years draft is huge.

I am still chugging along in my Cardinals Coach mode.

Currently 9-5 with 2 games to go and with playoffs being pretty much granted now, I am gonna try to get to the Super Bowl but I don't see it happening since the teams on top (Packers, Patriots etc.) have been murdering me in the games I have been playing against me...

I found a huge QB talent in the upcoming draft who is projected in the third round and I am certainly going to bank my draft in getting him as a permanent solution to the QB issue of Arizona.

Fitzgerald is well on his way and has an outside chance of beating Rice's receiving record. With two games to go Fitzgerald is on 1500 receiving yards, so he would need around 300-400 yards in two games. Not impossible but don't see it happening, but he is a certainty for the records list. He has been my go to guy all season long when Beanie Wells was injured (twice) and other than Plaxico (950 yards) Kolb has a sweet target in Larry Fitzgerald...

Can't wait to get that QB in the draft though, I feel he can become a big part in a few seasons time.

Oh, fuck you game. 0:18 left on the clock, tied 17-17, in Career mode playing as a QB. I got taken out of the game to the SuperSim-type window and figured sure, they're about to kick the field goal. Nope. Just went straight to overtime. I have no fucking clue why and I'm really bloody annoyed. It's a minor thing, but it's the sort of thing that really breaks the immersion of the game.

FUCK YOU CUNT GAME. Arizona makes their field goal, I don't even get back on the field.

Had a QB career playing for the Chiefs. It was disastrous. Bowe missed half the year, and nobody else could catch the ball. I had something like 20 TDs and 40 INTs a new record. I asked for a release in the offseason. Humorously there was only one team that wanted a QB that just threw 40 INTs. Yep .... The Dolphins. Rather than play for the Dolphins I retired.

Playing a WR career for the Saints now. Had a rocky start connecting with Brees. Now I'm 2nd in the NFC in Pro Bowl votes. Also lead the team in yards, and TDs, but Jimmy Graham has more receptions. I somehow moved past Colston on the depth chart as well despite being only a 79. Still we kinda suck at 3-4.

I really can't stand how bad the CPU running game is in connected careers. I also think if you are in a player career that you shouldn't call the plays. That is the coaches job. I try to gameflow it in a player career for that purpose.

I'm currently 4-8 in my first season as Seahawks coach. I began 0-4 before picking up two wins and went on another four game losing streak before picking up another two wins. Only two gaves have had more than seven points in difference, so I'm close. I'm throwing a lot less interceptions too.

Just lost a pretty exciting divisional game with the Rams 41-38 at their place. Was down by 17 at half time after a nightmare 2nd quarter but pulled out some huge passes with John Skelton to almost pull it back. Essentially lost by a field goal in the end. Disappointing but not the end of the world. 0-2 in divisional matches now but won my other 3 so it might not matter if I keep beating the other teams.

I just had a pretty awesome game.... playing as Green Bay vs The Chargers, nothing I could do with Aaron Rogers was working and just continually throwing intercepts. All these intercepts, plus a fumble of the first play of the Game by Starks led the Chargers to a 12-0 lead, courtesy of 4 field goals. I hit a field goal right on the bell for Halftime to make it 12 - 3.

I sub out Rogers, and bring on BJ Coleman, and I start to hit the passes, start to make some plays and get up the field. I end up scoring a TD in the 3rd, so the score is back to 12 - 10, which stayed that way at 3/4 time.

The fourth starts with a long pass by Whitehurst, with an intercept by me, and a run of around 70, to bring it to the 1 yard line. I score two plays later, and I've hit the front 17-12. I end up scoring again with 30 seconds to go to make it 24 - 12.

Games like this make it so much fun.

For the love of God please call them picks or interceptions.

Is Fantasy Draft just basically reshuffling all the rosters or something else?

You draft a roster from everyone in the game until you fill the roster so I guess kind of a reshuffling?

And I hope this means we can edit rosters soon also. I really like playing 4-3 and it would be nice to just move LBs to DE with a permanent change in position. I guess you would have to be able to change the defensive scheme also.

I also want to be able to edit my special teams depth charts. I do not want starting wideouts and linebackers on kick coverage.