Bands that Left Too Soon

LittleDaniel

Great shout on Death. And fuck, I have a ton of stuff by bands who released one or two EPs, if that, then disappeared off the face of the fucking planet. And some of it sounds like they could have released some absolute gold.

Even ignoring them, though...Floor come to mind. Circus Lupus. Monorchid. A fucking ton of stuff from the mid-60s. Too many bands disappear after one or two songs.

Floor is absolutely sick. Too bad they broke up, but we got Torche and to a much lesser extent Dove out of the deal, so I'm happy.

Virginia representin': City of Caterpillar. I really wish I had ever been plugged into my state's scene because we did some pretty fucking swank shit.

I want to throw The Middle East, Cheeky White Devils and Comus out there as well. Just because I like my folk variations.

More people should post videos.

Videos, you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHHZhIZOF44

There are no YouTube'd stuff on Cheeky White Devils, though. :( (They are the perpetual hipster victory band).

Great shout on Death. And fuck, I have a ton of stuff by bands who released one or two EPs, if that, then disappeared off the face of the fucking planet. And some of it sounds like they could have released some absolute gold.

Even ignoring them, though...Floor come to mind. Circus Lupus. Monorchid. A fucking ton of stuff from the mid-60s. Too many bands disappear after one or two songs.

Floor is absolutely sick. Too bad they broke up, but we got Torche and to a much lesser extent Dove out of the deal, so I'm happy.

Virginia representin': City of Caterpillar. I really wish I had ever been plugged into my state's scene because we did some pretty fucking swank shit.

Well done, you. City of Caterpillar were fucking incredible.

Maybe not totally fair because they may have reached a creative peak by the time of their end, but goddamn do I miss Pretty Girls Make Graves. Hell, I was even turning on to actually liking Jaguar Love when J. Clark left, but they're still a thing apparently.

Bear vs Shark, Apsci, Neutral Milk Hotel, yourcodenameis:milo, Million Dead, Reuben, Aereogramme, Blakfish, Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, Cave In, Desaparecidos, This Town Needs Guns, Sunny Day Real Estate.

All of them need to come back, like, yesterday.

Bolded, yes! If not even a full comeback I'd kill for Print is Dead Vol 2.

Million Dead less so simply because I can't live in a world without troubador Frank Turner.

Late of the Pier.

yes! I have been listening to these guys a lot recently for some reason. They were great fun and were really quite unique. I miss them. But they are not right for these times. A whole four years later. :shifty:

This was sort of brought up in DMN's thread, but the Sex Pistols. They had one great album, a neat little variety album, and then some demos and live stuff. Arthur Brown's original band also, the Crazy World of Arthur Brown was such a brilliant album, but it was all that the group released. Arthur Brown did go on to do some work with Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come but nothing quite like that first album.

I actually really like some of Arthur Brown's later stuff! But yeah, Crazy World was his best.

yeah I can't be bothered with any original thinking here. i just hop onto other people's answers. :/

Yeah, sorry, I keep meaning to go through all the stuff I've got ripped from EPs and cassettes and whatnot, and I haven't had chance yet.

I will make up for it by, at some point in the next few days, posting a ton of stuff by Megalodon, who are absolutely the greatest band you've never heard.

• 4 weeks later...

Lo and behold, Skummy does not keep his promises. But I will revive this thread for I am benevolent.

Great glammy hard rock band, part of the primordial pool from which a bunch of Seattle bands were formed, pretty much the basis for Pearl Jam and related to Mudhoney. RIP Andrew Wood.