Lollipop Chainsaw

OctoberRaven

So yeah, this is pretty fucking amazing. Gameplay isn't the most innovative thing ever, pretty much hack and slash, upgradeable skills, etc. But the dialogue, storyline, and overall atmosphere makes it awesomely fun to play.

"What kind of guy waterboards Chip and Dale?!" :lol:

Also, the boss battles are brilliant. As are the minigames. ZOMBIE HEAD BASKETBALL!

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I'm surprised one of the DLC skins isn't supposed to make her look like Buffy.

I'm surprised one of the DLC skins isn't supposed to make her look like Buffy.

Yet!

There might be some costumes that resemble something Buffy would have worn. I've only unlocked one so far though.

Holy fuck this game gets more awesome every chapter.

ZOMBIE VIKING!

ZOMBIE HIPPY!

A video arcade chapter, with portions that pay homage to Pac-Man, Elevator Action, and Arkanoid!

And... A ZOMBIE THAT LOOKS LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN T-PAIN AND PAPA SHANGO

I'm enjoying it. Probably not going to get much in terms of replay value (holy balls, it's 2012, why can I not skip a cutscene once I've seen it?), but the combat's cool, it looks nice and it's pretty funny in parts. Some of the dialogue is a bit iffy - I don't know why everyone has to call her a bitch fourteen times a sentence, and the dude saying he was going to masturbate to her after getting rescued was just weird.

You can cut the opening and ending cutscenes. Hit circle (for PS3 that is) and it will trigger a prompt to skip them.

I think the other scenes are there to replace loading screens (instead of installing a bunch of shit on your hard drive).

As far as dialogue... I think what they're going for is part shock and part "why the fuck would you even be thinking about that after zombies were about to eat your face" absurdism with a lot of the stuff.

My favorite survivor quote is the guy who tells you who his favorite president is for no apparent reason.

The one thing that can be annoying combat wise is the blaster power-up. Mostly because when you draw it, it likes to aim at zombies apparently at random and not where Juliet is facing. Once you get used to it it's not so bad though.

You can cut the opening and ending cutscenes. Hit circle (for PS3 that is) and it will trigger a prompt to skip them.

I think the other scenes are there to replace loading screens (instead of installing a bunch of shit on your hard drive).

As far as dialogue... I think what they're going for is part shock and part "why the fuck would you even be thinking about that after zombies were about to eat your face" absurdism with a lot of the stuff.

My favorite survivor quote is the guy who tells you who his favorite president is for no apparent reason.

The one thing that can be annoying combat wise is the blaster power-up. Mostly because when you draw it, it likes to aim at zombies apparently at random and not where Juliet is facing. Once you get used to it it's not so bad though.

There are still regular loading screens. Also, I know exactly what they're going for, but there's room for a little bit more subtlety than "I am going to jerk it to you. They can be more clever than that.

Well to be fair, the guy who says it is a highschool student, not all of them are known for their subtlety.

Also whats the deal with the kid saying he is going to masturbate to you?

Shock humor/exaggeration of a hormonal teenager.