Lollipop Chainsaw

OctoberRaven

I love it when games combine my love of zombie killing with my love of things that are absolutely batshit crazy. I loved Zombies Ate My Neighbors (easily my all-time favorite SNES game), and I loved Dead Rising 2.

This... this seems to have looked at the wackiness of dressing a former motorcross champion in a banana hammock and having him mow down zombies with a tricycle and said "we can top that".

I've already preordered it, and I don't think I've looked forward to a game this much since The Warriors for the PS2.

How far do you want the price to drop? It's already $45. Still a lot but cheaper than normal.

In Portugal, new PS3/X-box games, unless they're HD Collections, are always around 60-70€, which according to XE.com, is around 75-87$, give or take. Can't afford it right now.

Well, not sure what Chris means there. The trailer doesn't appear to have been filmed in HD for some reason, but the stills I've seen look much clearer.

If he does indeed mean that it looks like a cheesy hack and slash zombie game but with a cheerleader and wacky shit.... then like Benji said, yeah, that's the point.

Pre-order I believe is a bonus character skin so you can play as the punk rock guy at the end... but the game itself was enough of an incentive for me to not give a fuck about that.

I'm hoping for a playable demo to hit the PSN so I can whet my zombie slaying urges. Course I also have Dead Rising 2 for that, and I don't think I've finished the Arthur suit yet...

Yeah, I do not see the appeal of this at all.

I understand not "getting" the appeal, but not "seeing" the appeal in a whacky cheerleader fighting zombies game? :huh:

Yeah, I don't get how people can't see it either.

I mean, look at the trailer. She's knocking a zombie's head into a basketball hoop in one shot, chopping a horde of zombies into bits in another, fighting a punk rocker whose lyrics turn into killer projectiles in the next.

Also factor in that, as I implied in the OP, zombies + really zany shit = proven formula for fun.

Unless he didn't like Zombies Ate My Neighbors, in which case, there is no hope for him to ever enjoy anything.

Yeah, I do not see the appeal of this at all.

I understand not "getting" the appeal, but not "seeing" the appeal in a whacky cheerleader fighting zombies game? :huh:

I get that it's supposed to be silly fun, I suppose I'd be better off saying it doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm all for some whacky stuff now and then, but I didn't enjoy Dead Rising at all and I don't really like most hack and slash games. The ridiculous stuff doesn't really interest me because it just kind of looks like another DMC/GoW game and those bore the crap out of me, no matter what the setting.

It's No More Heroes but sillier, with more ultra-violence, more small skirts, and zombies, and people are speculating about whether it's going to be any good? It's suda51 - it's going to be amazing.

• Like 2