Who ya rootin' for?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I'm quite looking forward to the Euros and will be hoping England can do as well as possible.

However knowing that won't be case, I shall enjoy watching Spain and Germany and hope they can make it to the final - or France, I like France. Those aside Groups B and C will be interesting to watch, along with who progresses from Group A with Russia.

I think if I were to look at it objectively England would be one of the few times in the competition I either don't particularly like or find at all interesting (along with Greece, Ukraine and the Czechs). Given that those teams stand little chance of winning or going very far in the tournament I should be pleased.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

No, unlikely as it is, France will not be my 2nd team/ Real hard place with England and France, obviously I don't want either of them to do well, so hopefully a draw with Ukraine and Sweden squeezing through!

Soon as Ireland are gone, I won't really care anymore about who wins, but if I had to choose it'd be Germany because I like a lot of their players and their style. Other than that the highlights will be France and England's eliminations which as always, will be fune!

I'll go into the tournament solid in the knowledge that England don't have a prayer and then they'll be a brief moment where it all comes together, other teams look to be crumbling and I think 'you know, what this it, this is the year' and then we'll crash back to reality as a team that can retain possession outplays us or we go out on penalties, again.

I hope that this is the year that all the big players have a great tournament, there is good talent throughout pretty much every team and I would love to see a load of great performances and attacking football.

I'm actually more interested in England's performance at the Euros than Ireland's. Because I think it's going to be a trainwreck. :shifty:

I've long since lost interest in the Ireland team.

I hope that this is the year that all the big players have a great tournament, there is good talent throughout pretty much every team and I would love to see a load of great performances and attacking football.

I should probably point out that this doesn't include Ronaldo, Nani or Evra. They can all eat a bag of dicks.

Cheering for: Netherlands and Germany (I like their style), Italy and Czech Republic (I like their people), France (my wife is French), England (my family has, historically, been very loyal to the crown, and a Euro2012 victory would be a great story to go with the Olympics and Diamond Jubilee).

Cheering against: Sweden and Russia (I'm part Finnish), Republic of Ireland (also part Northern Irish), Spain (overrated, beat my Netherlands in WC2010), Poland and Ukraine (although I'm also part Ukranian -- gotta love being a North American mutt -- both countries seem to still have huge issues with racism and violence, so it makes it hard to cheer for them).

I know that's a lot of likes and dislikes, but for a Canadian with no obvious team to cheer for, its a lot easier -- and more fun! -- to be partially emotionally invested in many teams/games, than to be 100% behind a single team. After a quick check of the schedule, the only games I don't really care to watch is DEN-POR. Although, to be honest, most Group A matches are going to be pretty boring, style-wise.

Predictions:

Group A - CZE, RUS, POL, GRE

Group B - GER, NED, DEN, POR

Group C - ESP, CRO, ITA, IRL

Group D - FRA, ENG, SWE, UKR

I spent time studying abroad in England and I have quite a few English friends. So I always root for England in international matches unless USA are involved.

Would like to see the Irish do well and I love the way the Germans play, beautiful to watch. The more matches I can get to see of Germany the better.