Metal Gear Solid 5 Confirmed

TKz

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-7043-Kojima-Confirms-Metal-Gear-Solid-5--Says-%E2%80%9CWe-Have-Not-Yet-Finished-With-Solid-Snake.html

Hideo Kojima has confirmed development on Metal Gear Solid 5, revealing some scant details on the game and hinting that Solid Snake’s story is not yet over.

“There will be a Metal Gear Solid 5 with the new FOX Engine,” said Kojima (via the magic of Google Translate), “but what we’ve shown was not gameplay, or anything like that. It was only a demo that we had developed internally and released because the lighting and interactions with the environment had fooled everyone.”

“About Metal Gear Solid 5, I can tell you two things,” Kojima continued. “There will be much question of infiltration, espionage, and convincing people to give you “a favor” like in the last Metal Gear Solid.

“I liked the idea of social interactions in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but we will see. And if I say more, the female ninja public relations officer, who is behind the door, I will be carved up into pieces. So it’s better that we meet again when the time comes to talk about Metal Gear Solid 5.”

Kojima also mentioned Metal Gear Rising and pointed to Solid Snake’s future.

“Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance never claimed to be a Metal Gear Solid. This is not a game about our beloved Solid Snake. It is a spinoff that tries something different. We have not yet finished with Solid Snake, despite the fact that I wanted to let him die at the end of Guns of the Patriots,” he said.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is out in early 2013. You can read our latest preview here.

Posted mostly for me and Hammy. There's nothing to show yet, so I'm sure we can edit stuff in when there is, but I thought it was worth pointing out. Can't wait for another MGS game after how good Peace Walker was.

I'm hoping it won't be a direct sequel to the events of MGS 4, but rather a prequel or a story that fits in the middle of the saga somehow. MGS 4 wrapped everything up adequately for me and I'd rather they just kept that as the definitive ending of the story.

What I'd really like, though, are full remakes of the original Metal Gear games from the MSX days. I know the emulated versions were included in both Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence and the recent HD collection, but I would be very interested in playing through the origins of the story with the benefits of modern gaming technology backing it all up.

I'd like a sequel, but not to the story. The Patriots stuff is over, but why can't Snake now have to deal with a new enemy?

Because physically he's like 80 years old

I never did get a chance to play through my copy of Metal Gear 4 before I got rid of my PS3 but I still have the game so I do hope to sooner or later. Hopefully they release it for X-Box 360 since I did just buy one of those. I've loved every metal gear game so far though I've yet to beat Snake Eater and Metal Gear 4.

Although, I dunno, I struggled with 4. It was good....but...it lacked something. Not sure what.

Raiden being killed off permanently, off-screen, before appearing?

Or a better than 1:6 Gameplay to cutscene ratio?

Or an ending that made sense?