EWB's Favorite Singer III: The Results

GoGo Yubari

Jesus, it just got worse and worse. I thought you meant Chris Cornell would be the one we objected to, then Kurt Cobain, then fucking Patsy Cline. Jesus.

I knew there was a catch with you.

• Like 4

Jesus, it just got worse and worse. I thought you meant Chris Cornell would be the one we objected to, then Kurt Cobain, then fucking Patsy Cline. Jesus.

Also Thom Yorke deserves no place in a top 100 singers.

Really? Guy has an amazing range and his voice is a big part of my enjoyment of Radiohead. I can understand disliking the style, but to say he has no place in a top 100 is absurd, even if his entire career was singing children's nursery rhymes, he'd still place for me.

Also Thom Yorke deserves no place in a top 100 singers.

lolololololol oh quom. Even in a singer's thread, you gotta be catty and contrarian. Glorious.

• Like 2

Yay you guys indeed. FINAL THREE:

3. John Darnielle (38 pts, appeared on 4 ballots) (Last Time: N/A)

morrissey460.jpg

2. Morrissey (40 pts, appeared on 5 ballots) (Last Time: #31)

Johnny-Cash-Rock-Band-3.jpg

1. Johnny Cash (69 pts, appeared on 10 ballots) (Last Time: #2)

It was pretty much always going to be Johnny Cash who won. In the first one, the top three of Mercury, Sinatra, and Cash were so ahead of everyone else it was crazy. Same thing with Sinatra and Cash in the second. I'm disappointed with the low turnout this time but there will be a fourth installment of this in 2014 because I'm really curious to see who will win now that there isn't any one frontrunner (I thought David Bowie was going to be solidly in second this time and then he dropped to 7th).

No "guy from Slipknot," the fuck.

Well, we got Chris Cornell, Kurt Cobain and Thom Yorke to compensate for that. The first two of those who placed higher than fucking David Bowie, Tom Waits and MICHAEL JACKSON.

Oh, dude, don't even pretend that's on the same level. They were always going to be on this thing even if I think all three are too high. The dude from Slipknot was just baffling.

I sort of like Chris Cornell's vocals actually. The fact that he can still shred like he's 20 was one of the very, very few high points of the aural afterbirth that was Audioslave. He wouldn't make my list, but I don't hate him. I still get out my old weather-beaten copies of Superunknown and Badmotorfinger from time to time.

He's certainly no #6, but I don't know, I've mellowed on that kind of stuff, and at least this one isn't crawling with gravel-throated metalheads like the last one.