EWB's Goal of the Month Poll - June 2012

Lineker

15 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your goal of the month!

• Zlatan Ibrahimovic vs. France
    • Patrick Ianni vs. Sporting Kansas City
    • Jakub Błaszczykowski vs. Russia

I wasn't around for any of last season because I really needed to concentrate on my final year at uni so I don't even know if you did it then, and I only just looked at this thread because I figured... it's June, how many goals could there have been? But I'd definitely be interested in this next season.

It's Summer, no one cares. It'll busy up in August when the European leagues kickoff.

That said EWBs reaction to Ben Arfas wonder run was meh, so I barely even check the result.

that could be because he only actually had to beat one player. then he just ran in a straight line and no one got close enough to do anything.

• Like 3

Well yeah, if you want to overlook the way he outstripped the second man ridiculously (think it was Mark Davies too who's no slouch), and more importantly the superb touch that put him through two centre halfs but left him enough room for the cheeky poke past the keeper. I'm not calling it goal of the season, because Cisse scored that :P, but to say it wasn't a great goal is mental.

Well yeah, if you want to overlook the way he outstripped the second man ridiculously (think it was Mark Davies too who's no slouch), and more importantly the superb touch that put him through two centre halfs but left him enough room for the cheeky poke past the keeper. I'm not calling it goal of the season, because Cisse scored that :P, but to say it wasn't a great goal is mental.

It's okay Colly, I thought it was a pretty good run and goal too. But it was made easier by bad defending, wouldn't get through like that against a better team.

It's Summer, no one cares. It'll busy up in August when the European leagues kickoff.

That said EWBs reaction to Ben Arfas wonder run was meh, so I barely even check the result.

that could be because he only actually had to beat one player. then he just ran in a straight line and no one got close enough to do anything.

Post of the year. Been saying this to people pretty much since it happened.

And I'm easy either way on it continuing, but I do usually vote and often nominate.

It was a nice goal. The only real classy bit was the touch on the halfway line. He then beat a man for pace (which almost any winger in the Prem can do), and ran into a gap between two slow defenders. The finish was nice, too.

• 2 weeks later...