Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee

Skummy

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

So, there's a new Jerry Seinfeld web series - even more of a "show about nothing" than Seinfeld. Jerry Seinfeld, and comedian friends, driving around in Jerry's classic cars, going for coffee, and having a chat. I can imagine it not being to everyone's taste, but I bloody loved the first episode.

First episode is Larry David, which is automatic greatness. I'm not a huge Seinfeld fan, but just hearing those two chat about nothing, you can tell how the show came about.

Next episode will be Ricky Gervais, and from the trailer it looks great.

Future episodes include Michael Richards, Alec Baldwin, Colin Quinn, and JOEL FUCKING HODGSON.

Is anyone else having trouble with the video? It stops to buffer every five seconds. I paused it for a few minutes to try and let it load some more, but it still buffers every few seconds. It's only doing this on this website as well. :(

" . . . and we did a TV series together in the 90's." :lol:

I love that in the very first episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, Larry David does not have coffee. (He's totally right about the tea, by the way.)

The "Spare Parts" clips are fun too.

And I'm totally looking forward to Jerry and Joel.

EDIT: It's all slightly reminiscent of "Talking Funny", a one hour HBO special that featured Jerry, Ricky Gervais, Chris Rock, and Louis C.K. discussing stand-up. It's available on YouTube in 4 parts and is well worth the watch.

I could not get through it. I kinda felt I was on the outside looking in on two guys telling in jokes.

I will probably watch the Joel Hodgson episode though.

"Yeah? Where do you get that [protein shake]?"

".. a.. uh store."

"You managed to pick the only answer more ridiculous than the question", or whatever it was. Loved that.

Hobo, I don't like the guy much, but the trailer for the Ricky Gervais episode looks great, I'd maybe give that one a look when it happens.

I can't even imagine how the Joel episode's gonna go, but I'm really looking forward to it - especially as it was various MST3K fansites that brought this show to my attention in the first place thanks to a brief appearance by Joel in the first trailer.

• 1 month later...

So, I had fallen off on watching these and got caught up yesterday. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but most of these fascinate me.

Free Advice: If you haven't already, watch the Carl Reiner/Mel Brooks one. Now.

Watch all the "Spare Parts" too. Carl Reiner is good, Mel Brooks is fucking amazing, and the whole thing is just a ton of fun to watch. I am very, very jealous of Jerry Seinfeld's life.