EWB Lists: Favourite Children's Shows

Berober

This thread has a severe lack of votes for Pinky and the Brain.

Also, holy fuck I remember Hurricanes. The only thing I remember was that they'd always win 3-2, though.

Speaking of sports shows, anyone remember that Mutant League series?

My memory of the Hurricanes was also that one player would have a personal crisis, return mid-way through the game with the score at 0-2 and score a hat-trick to win the game. I feel like that happened every week, but Wikipedia says there were 5 series, surely it can't have repeated that much?

I know it has a younger audience than the focus of these lists, but Thomas the Tank Engine needs more love.

"What's that? You're going to hide in a tunnel like a pussy? Well we'll see how you like being BRICKED IN ALIVE, YOU LITTLE BITCH. Give us a call when you decide to man the fuck up."

A valuable moral sorely lacking from modern programming, I wager. -_-

• Like 2

1. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

- Although later seasons were more targeted at adolescent audiences, similar to their Super Sentai counterparts (although RPM actually aimed at a higher demographic than Engine Sentai Go-Onger), this one was definitely aimed at kids. Later seasons matured a little bit, but overall, definitely a kids' series.

2. Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood

- A former pastor makes a kids' show. Not a bad way to serve a community, I'd say.

3. Animaniacs

- There's baloney in their slacks. How can you not like that? Of course, it was a show based upon recurring sketches, so you also could just get to see favorite characters day in, day out.

4. Pinky & The Brain

- Possibly the only cartoon spin-off of which I'm aware (I don't really consider all of those cartoon Disney shows as counting), this was just straight-up maniacal fun. Similar to Freakazoid!, however, it had issues with figuring out what, exactly, was its demographic.

5. Under the Umbrella Tree

- This was a Disney kids' show in the early 90's, so it's possible I may be the only person participating in this to list it, but it was fun, if biologically nonsensical. Woman has an anthromorphological gopher, iguana, and blue jay in her two-story apartment, an umbrella tree in the middle of it, and you learned stuff from them.

6. The Big Comfy Couch

- The only show that made you reconsider your fear of clowns, and also made you feel kind of bad when your parents dusted the house.

7. KABLAM!

- Awesome kids' version of what probably inspired a bit of Robot Chicken. Okay, sure, Kablam! had recurring skits, but still memorable.

8. Doug

- The original, not the middle school version. Gotta' love a kid so creative that he invents like, eighteen different fictional realities. QUAILMAN!

9. The Magic School Bus

- Take a really educational series of books. Turn those books in to a TV series. You really can't go wrong.

10. WMAC Masters

- It was pro wrestling, but with martial arts and weapons!

• 2 weeks later...

1. Tom and Jerry. Loved this show, I used to, and probably still could watch this everyday, all day.

2. Dexter's Lab.

3. Wacky Races.

4. The Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner parts in the loony toons.

5. Any Bugs Bunny cartoon ever.

6. The Regular Show. I know, it's a newer show, but it honestly makes me laugh all the time.

7. The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

8. Johnny Bravo

9. Courage the Cowardly Dog.

10. Scooby Doo.

Barely in order, they all tie with each other pretty closely.

Edited by Invader Z