Characters You Have The 'Wrong' Allegiance To

Steeb

The Larry Zbyszko of Sleepy Hollow is easily my favorite cartoon from Disney. It used to scare the shit out of me as a kid.

Word filter, justified.

But, yes, in my limited scope of Disney movies I've seen, and the slightly wider scope of Disney music I've heard, "Be Prepared" is the best.

I liked Jafar's reprise of Prince Ali. It was mocking, almost spitting the words out. Brilliant.

This. It was a small moment in the first film but man, you really could hear the venom in his voice.

"Return of Jafar" was by far one of the best Disney sequels to a main title they've ever made (albeit the animation quality WAS godawful) and Jafar's song "Second Rate" was such an awesome sequence in that movie. Looking back on it, I think it was because I wasn't ever the biggest fan of Genie and watching Jafar basically school him was a lot of fun.

I also liked Lion King 2-- actually a fair bit more than Aladdin 2, though not nearly as much as The Lion King itself (though "My Lullaby" was a suitably haunting, albeit less creative, villain song)-- but beyond those two... I mean, no Disney sequels really come to mind after that that I can say were worth watching. Not immediately anyway.

I think in a big way the cinematics of an animated song help make the song itself what it is, too, and with that line of thought "Be Prepared" was the essentially total package. I can't hear "Be Prepared" without immediately being taken back to Scar confidently striding through what was basically a green volcanic eruption, surrounded by a hyena army channeling the Third Reich.

EDIT: Realized you were referring to the song he did in the first movie so I figured I'd comment on that first instead :P. Honestly though, I kind-of preferred the second movie's song for Jafar to the first's... the arrogance of the sequence was what made me love it.

Be Prepared is awesome, no doubt. Though I also like Frollo's "Hellfire" song from Hunchback of Notre Dame. Pretty heavy stuff. And on topic, that's a villain that I liked that I'm sure I wasn't supposed to. Probably because of that song actually.

Was JUST about to bring that one up too. "Hellfire" is such a close second to "Be Prepared" for me. Can't believe I forgot to bring it up before... that song is so powerful and one of Disney's darkest songs they've done.

Lisa Simpson is the important (slightly nagging) morality to The Simpsons. Homer can eat sticks of butter and get cannonballs fired at his gut...and Bart can get away with ridiculous pranks around the town, but Lisa provides a grounding in stories that works well.

However when an episode is BASED around her, I generally hate the episode. Too much preaching, too much grounding and morality. Too much angst often.