Characters You Have The 'Wrong' Allegiance To

Steeb

Krang, so bad. The living breathing incarnation of Reptile Poochie had nothing on the squirming brain in the stomach of a wrestler from an 80's heavy metal album cover.

Wait, who's Reptile Poochie in this analogy? Venus? Oh wait, there was a villain who sort of supplanted Krang and Shredder, wasn't there? I'm blanking here.

But yeah, Krang was impossibly fun.

Another (probably unfair) example of this would be basically all of The Tick's rogues gallery.

I pretty much hate Katniss Everdeen. There was a point in the second book she started to win me over but then she went right back to being a whiny, self- important idiot by the third.

I didn't like Katniss either for the longest time. I can't get into why without spoiling stuff though and I am feeling lazy. So yeah. Didn't like her.

I pretty much hate Katniss Everdeen. There was a point in the second book she started to win me over but then she went right back to being a whiny, self- important idiot by the third.

I didn't like Katniss either for the longest time. I can't get into why without spoiling stuff though and I am feeling lazy. So yeah. Didn't like her.

Agreed. She reminded me of a few girls I knew back in high school.

You know when a bad guy is so good at what they do, you want them to win in the end (Craig Bellamy when he's playing for Team GB, Daniel Bryan right now, William Regal, even Jericho to a certain Extent). Jamie Lannister just has a Charisma that makes me want to listen to what he has to say and I'm kind of rooting for him because beyond Arya, the Starks are a bit dull.

Well if we're bringing wrestling into the discussion, then Brock Lesnar. I don't care how much they try to portray Triple H as the hero in this, from what I've seen, he's not. I want to see Lesnar tear him apart at Summerslam. The same goes for John Cena and C.M. Punk, I'm gonna cheer Punk regardless of what WWE wants me to do.

On a non-wrestling front, Darth Vader definitely comes to mind. How it all turned out was fine, but part of me wanted to see Luke Skywalker lured to the Dark Side at the end of 'Return of the Jedi'. The Joker from 'Dark Knight' also was so evil I kind of wanted to see him win even if it went against conventional wisdom.

And of course Tom in 'Tom and Jerry'. Why is a cat the bad guy and a mouse a hero? And what's worse, how come there were instances where a dog would save Jerry from Tom? Like a dog wouldn't eat a mouse just as easily as a cat would. But that goes for so many instances in Hollywood where cats are evil and dogs are the heroes. I like dogs as much as anybody, but why are cats always the evil ones?

Edited by jth1981

I know I'm not even halfway through The Wire, as a series, but I cannot possibly imagine tiring of Omar.

I'm still only up to episode 2 of season 5, but yeah. Agreed. Omar is fucking fantastic the whole way through.

You were ahead of me for such a long while, how did I pass you?

Krang, so bad. The living breathing incarnation of Reptile Poochie had nothing on the squirming brain in the stomach of a wrestler from an 80's heavy metal album cover.

Wait, who's Reptile Poochie in this analogy? Venus? Oh wait, there was a villain who sort of supplanted Krang and Shredder, wasn't there? I'm blanking here.

I'm talking about the pizza-eating mutant teenagers who are super-cool ninjas who crack jokes and party down.

Come on, it's totally true and nobody wants to admit it.

Another (probably unfair) example of this would be basically all of The Tick's rogues gallery.

Did you ever watch the episode where Tick and Arthur go into the sewer to help Sewer Urchin? We all learn that Sewer Urchin is secretly the coolest motherfucker on the planet. No way could I support anyone but the heroes on The Tick.

I'm talking about the pizza-eating mutant teenagers who are super-cool ninjas who crack jokes and party down.

Come on, it's totally true and nobody wants to admit it.

Did you ever watch the episode where Tick and Arthur go into the sewer to help Sewer Urchin? We all learn that Sewer Urchin is secretly the coolest motherfucker on the planet. No way could I support anyone but the heroes on The Tick.

See, the Poochie thing threw me off since I thought you were implying a late addition.

And while Sewer Urchin is definitely, definitely one cool motherfucker, I can't deny a giant Ricardo Montalban imitating flower or The Evil Midnight Bomber You Know The Rest. I'm not saying they were better, I'm saying they were every bit as cool and fun as any hero the series had.

Oh, that's true. I just wasn't rooting for them. I was rooting for Krang. All he wanted to do was bring over a giant rock army from another dimension to help him rule the earth from his giant underground sphere with an eye on the top. The turtles had a van, ooh wow, who cares.

You mean The Pizza Thrower. The van had no pizzas, as it was not dubbed The Pizza Thrower.

And, damnhellyeswow, I always wanted the Technodrome. I also wanted Giant Wrestler Body Krang, but only had Mr. Burns in the Future Krang.