Characters You Have The 'Wrong' Allegiance To

Steeb

Mr. Benedict from Last Action Hero.. They probably meant to make him atleast cool if not likeable, since they've got Charles Dance playing him but, he's my first real example of a bad guy done right. A guy that doesn't make any mistakes, a guy that does it all right.

I will always love him more than anything else in that movie, and if I ever lose an eye? I'm getting a collection of glass novelty ones.

U-Turn from Weeds. Again not sure if he qualifies, seeing how the show runners tell us to avoid rooting for their hero. But he was an excellent character, and I was with him every step of the way.

Vernon Schillinger, Simon Adebisi, Oz. I supported both men throughout the series, up till the point the show tried to make me feel sorry for them. I never liked them soft and mushy. They didn't need to be human, because they weren't. They were monsters, and I was happy with that.

Ryan O'Reily, Tobias Beecher, Oz. Hated them. So much so that I have an instant rage reaction to the actors that played them even today. I know I was suposed to like them both, Ryan despite the horrible things he did for the saving of grace of being hot and having a special brother... And Tobias for being sad victim puppy that is only really guilty of loving the wrong man, or whatever weepy bullshit they came up with to justify his relationship with Keller...

I just couldn't care about either of them, and it seriously pissed me off that characters were inventing exciting new ways to shiv a bitch so we wouldn't get bored with all the camoe death scenes, and not ONE person could stab these guys in the throat and press hard.

Tommy Mickens, True Blood. Tommy was really the best bit for me. Not when I was supose to love him because he hated himself into a whole 'nother person. I adored him when he was just an abused territorial jackass full of awful. In a show where personalities are assassinated more often than actual characters? There was something refreshing to me about the kid.

Marcus Tullius Cicero, Rome. Possibly the one guy in any HBO Drama to never get a moment where the audience is meant to be sympathetic. But with everything going to hell in a hand basket around him? I actually loved this shifty effeminate guy whose only performance volume seemed to be arch more than anyone. And possibly the only character that's ever said more with a disgusted eye roll than Varys from GoT.

Billy/TV Hand, Detention. There's alot going on in this one, and thanks to it's trippy stylistic nature, I supose it's entirely possible they meant for me to like Billy, but I found myself wishing the entire movie was about him and the intro B.I.T.C.H character.

You mean The Pizza Thrower. The van had no pizzas, as it was not dubbed The Pizza Thrower.

And, damnhellyeswow, I always wanted the Technodrome. I also wanted Giant Wrestler Body Krang, but only had Mr. Burns in the Future Krang.

I still have this toy.

I don't know what it was about TMNT in my childhood but I swear I was obsessed. I think I still have every single villain from their rogues gallery-- and many of the main ones too-- sitting in a box in storage, and like fifty different versions of the turtles themselves too. I'm not exaggerating either, the box I kept them all in is a big one :shifty:

As for the topic... I absolutely despised Excalibur in Soul Eater. Dude was a complete waste of time in the show and frankly ruined quite a few episodes for me. To that end, I also was completely on Medusa's side throughout the show and was really upset with how abruptly her story ended as the show came to a close.

Loved Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender... completely insane character and you can't help but cheer her on a little throughout. Especially after the beach episode shows how socially awkward she is.

I always pick Luigi over Mario as my 'main character' in the Mario Bros. games if I can.

Mother Ethel in Tangled is a fantastic character and I'm pretty certain Lorina and I know all the words to her "Mother Knows Best" songs... though I wouldn't necessarily say that I 'rooted' for her per se, but I definitely loved the character.

Scar from Lion King. "Be Prepared" is still the best Disney villain's song made in my opinion.

The villain in Oldboy... psychologically fucked up but by the end of the film you actually kind-of hope he gets his revenge.

I'm sure there are more but I'm drawing blanks right now to go further with this... I'm sure I could keep going on this though.

I hate Bart Simpson, I think he's a little prick.

Deb in Dexter, I want her to die so badly.

Gustavo Fring in Breaking Bad I was fully behind. Though, he sort of started out like a good guy anyway.

Sheriff Lamb from Veronica Mars. He was a total prick most of the time, but he was so damn entertaining and I love the one episode where he actually believes Veronica and stays parked outside this guy's home, who was abusing his daughter. Also, never liked Veronica too much, and by the end of the show she was a so unlikeable.

I wanted Vic Mackey to get away with everything he did.

President Logan from 24. I was hoping he'd somehow get away with it.

Hate Tim McManus from Oz. What a whiney bitch, I was so hoping somebody would kill him.

Would it count if I said t' entire cast of t' Cleveland Show? :shifty:

No, it would not. That just means you hate how Seth McFarlane writes black people... and whatever side characters are on that show, because I have no freaking clue.

Oh! Have one for the love column. Sheriff Lamb and Dick Casablancas on Veronica Mars. While both are played with comic relief, they're just such wonderful dicks throughout the entire run of the show. Season 3 kind of fucked it up with Dick being a lovable jerk as opposed to just a jerk who became hilarious, but both characters are damn great and I cheer the hell out of them.

I go back and forth on Lamb, mostly because he really was such an insufferable cunt early on, but it's a fair point. I really felt sorry for Cassidy, because Jesus that kid never even had a chance. I took a long time to warm up to Parker, although I liked Piz from the get-go and apparently that's an uncommon opinion.

Scar from Lion King. "Be Prepared" is still the best Disney villain's song made in my opinion.

No qualifier necessary. If anybody else can show me a better one, they're a liar and need to shut their whore mouth, Be Prepared has a column of goose-stepping hyenas for fuck's sake.

"Mother Knows Best" in Tangled wasn't too bad. Ursula's songs in The Little Mermaid were scary as hell. The Grogans in Pete's Dragon were memorable ("The Happiest Home In These Hills" and "(We've Got A) Bill of Sale"). But other than that, I actually can't think of a song sung by a Disney villain. Scar seems to win by sheer default.

"I Got Friends on the Other Side" was one of the best parts of The Princess Frog. "No One Fights Like Gaston" was one of the best parts of Beauty and the Beast. In most Disney movies it seems that the villains steal the show for me with their song, but no-one really did it quite like Scar for me. Ursula's was pretty great though.

Hell, it's not Disney, but "In the Dark of the Night" from Anastasia was, also, one of the best parts of the movie. Villain songs are the best.

Except in Aladdin. I remember precisely zero Jafar songs, while I can bust out some "Friend Like Me" anytime.

Also Robin Hood. Lots of great songs, nothing memorable for the villain. Wait, and Jungle Book. Probably Snow White too.

(But yes, if we're talking 1990 onward, Aladdin may be the one exception.)

Technically, Jafar's one "song" is actually a reprise of "Prince Ali".

Do Muppet films count as Disney? Because "Professional Pirate" in Muppet Treasure Island was just sheer fun.