The Wire Appreciation Thread

How should we handle Spoilers  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be spoiler tags?

Finished. Easily the best show I've ever watched. I've got like a million things to say, but I'll only leave one in spoilers from the finale.

Having spent the last few seasons not getting that much out of Bubs' storylines, I was somehow really invested in his stuff in Season 5 and seeing him to sit down at dinner with his family was the best thing, and I honestly cheered out load. A rare victory in a show which I enjoyed every single minute of.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

Thanks mate, appreciate it. 

Also to weigh in on favourite seasons. I think I'd go 4, 2, 3, 5, 1. 

4 and 2 were definitely my favorites too. Other 3 were all good as well, but those 2 stuck out to me as great television.

• 2 months later...

Just finished series 3 because I take ages to watch though (don't want it to end, basically). I echo the love for episode 11 because it was so so so so so so so good. 12 wrapped it up brilliantly to and I did a total 180 on 

Spoiler

Tommy Carcetti. Didn't like him at all until the last few episodes and then he just seems to get what he should fight for and his speech to the police chiefs after how they treated Bunny was glorious.

So glad I decided to get into this after it not being on my radar first time around. Also glad I got past series 1 episode 1 which I watched late with my old man (and my wife who hated it) which was so different to anything else around and took a while to get into.

I have so much love for Cutty too. Carver nailed it by the end of the series as well. Gone from not really liking him to him being one of my favourite cops.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Melvin "Little Melvin" Williams, the inspiration for Avon Barksdale and 'The Deacon' during seasons 3 & 4, has died.

• 2 months later...
Just now, Skummy said:

The Wire was the first thing I ever saw Don West in, and I've never been able to get used to his actual voice.

True dat.

Same thing with Big Driis. I know Elba is from Hackney but I will never be able to accept him from the endz. Well, that is until he is the next Bond. He needs to be the next Bond.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skummy said:

The Wire was the first thing I ever saw Don West in, and I've never been able to get used to his actual voice.

The first thing I ever saw Don West in was TNA. :shifty:

• Like 1