The Wire Appreciation Thread

How should we handle Spoilers  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be spoiler tags?

5 hours ago, MDK said:

I know ya'll hated series two but I am loving it. POLAND STRONK. POLACK PRIDE.

I don't think anyone on EWB is basic enough to hate season 2 but I could be wrong.

• Like 4

Season 2 builds to what I think is a really emotional and shocking scene with the shooting (not spoilers, very vague what with how many shootings there are in the whole series), which has been threatening and bubbling away throughout.

Also, I liked their bar. It was very different to the strip club etc of the first season and I liked how the workers would rock up for a beer and chaser before work and then head back after work - all very honest, working class type stuff. Liked that atmosphere they got going there.

7 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Season 2 builds to what I think is a really emotional and shocking scene with the shooting (not spoilers, very vague what with how many shootings there are in the whole series), which has been threatening and bubbling away throughout.

Also, I liked their bar. It was very different to the strip club etc of the first season and I liked how the workers would rock up for a beer and chaser before work and then head back after work - all very honest, working class type stuff. Liked that atmosphere they got going there.

And the duck

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

My dad randomly picked up the first series of Treme on DVD. Is it worth me borrowing off him when he's done with it?

You are from Kent. I thought you'd just nick it?

1 minute ago, MDK said:

You are from Kent. I thought you'd just nick it?

Behave son. You think I'm one of them guys from Medway/Sittingbourne/Sheppey/Gravesend/Ashford/Maidstone/Thanet/Dover/Folkestone..........Oh I see your point....

But nah, I'm Faversham. Us and Whistable are well posh innit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Behave son. You think I'm one of them guys from Medway/Sittingbourne/Sheppey/Gravesend/Ashford/Maidstone/Thanet/Dover/Folkestone..........Oh I see your point....

But nah, I'm Faversham. Us and Whistable are well posh innit.

I like that you went with that and not "Oh, says the bloke from Hackney"

• Like 1

Just now, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Gentrification mate. Gentrification. Go back to your £7 pints and £1200 a month one bed hipster flats. ;)

It was 5 quid and 720 quid for one room >_>

• Like 1

On 10/1/2016 at 20:26, fhqwhjosh said:

I personally loved Treme. Not a crime drama like The Wire, but lots of great characters, social examination, and dialogue like The Wire.

Yeah, it's all about the rebuilding of New Orleans in the wake of Hurricane Katrina and it has a great cast, characters, and is really well written. It's also pretty authentic to New Orleans life, the way I understand it.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I'm rewatching the series with my dad, who's never seen it before. We just started on season 3 last night and man, that theme song is by far the weakest one. It's not even 24 hours since I watched the first two episodes with him and I'm already hearing the Tom Waits version in my head again when I try to recall that one.

• Like 3