Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Also it's become a rarity to see a goal that doesn't come from the ball being crossed in. So many free headers, both ways.

Can't say I share your experiences.

I have quite a tough time getting into a groove with PSV.

I even got kicked out of the Europa League in the first qualification round, by some Bosnian minnow.

The problem which I seem to be facing is my teams OCD'ic long shooting. I have told all my players to ''rarely'' shoot from range, but they still shoot 15 out of 20 shots from way outside the box...

Extremely annoying and frustrating.

Edited by Jasonmufc

I've found a use for the challenges - allowing me to take a break from my diary game and play as Chelsea (which is of course the urge I will periodically get) without actually starting a new game that could risk replacing my interest in said diary. :shifty:

So I've just booted up the 'Invincibles' challenge (since it was the first one I came to listed as 'short'). Eleven games to play in the season of which only three give me cause to worry. I think it should be obvious which three. >_>

QPR (home)

Aston Villa (home)

West Ham (away)

Fulham (away)

Newcastle (home)

Manchester City (away)

Arsenal (home)

Liverpool (away)

Norwich (home)

Reading (home)

Southampton (away)

*sets Chelsea formation to standard (narrow) 4-2-3-1*

*sets team instructions to 'Attacking' and 'Fluid'*

*sets Hazard, Mata and Oscar to all be 'Advanced Playmakers' with their 'Creative Freedom' bars pushed up most of the way*

...Oh God, it's beautiful. :crying:

It does. Except in the West Ham game when Mata got sent off SOMEHOW (I seriously cannot imagine the guy putting in a crunching tackle of any kind, let alone one that warrants a red card and four game suspension :/) and the match ended 0-0. Although this is my first time using FMC and I'm wondering if the match engine might behave different to the full one...probably not, but eh.

Results have been 2-0, 2-0, 0-0, 4-0 thus far.

Completed The Invincibles (not hard if you're dicking about with a top club like I was). Got a bit hairy in the game at Anfield when we went down to 9 men (hmm :shifty:), but ran out 4-3 winners with Torres scoring all four.

Loaded up You Can't Win Anything With Kids just to see what it looked like. I can see the most annoying aspect being having to shift your entire team's tactics to accommodate one of the sods - for example, I had one who was only any good in AMR. I expect that's fairly random though so you can try and reload if necessary. :shifty:

So FMC mode seems nice for a whizz through and all, but am I right in thinking that the "set you DoF/etc. on transfers and contracts duty" type options are one of the things that are cut out? Since I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Kind of lacks the true Chelsea experience without it...

THis is 2012, but there's no point bumping the old thread. I noticed that Blackpool's wage bill was second in the league to only Man CIty and I though this was weird so I looked into it.

blackpoolsquadplayers.png

First time I've seen the match highest earner clause completely cripple a club before. All but one are over 30 too! :lol:

...Okay, found a legit bug. :/ I've replicated it twice as well.

Went right up to the next match day, against Weston-Super-Mare (before when I would do Team Selection etc.). Went into my fixtures list and loaded up the previous match I'd played (against Salisbury). Watched the highlights of the goals. Having done that, clicked the "Leave Match" button to exit. Next thing I know the Weston-Super-Mare game has been simmed without my even playing it.

Sigh. Luckily I had saved and could thus reload before it did that.

...Okay, found a legit bug. :/ I've replicated it twice as well.

Went right up to the next match day, against Weston-Super-Mare (before when I would do Team Selection etc.). Went into my fixtures list and loaded up the previous match I'd played (against Salisbury). Watched the highlights of the goals. Having done that, clicked the "Leave Match" button to exit. Next thing I know the Weston-Super-Mare game has been simmed without my even playing it.

Sigh. Luckily I had saved and could thus reload before it did that.

I'm guessing you lost? :P

Two seasons in, my United team looks like this:

David De Gea

Rafael - Phil Jones - Kyriakos Papadopolous - David Alaba

Yann M'Vila - Tom Cleverley

Lionel Messi - Shinji Kagawa - Cristiano Ronaldo

Wayne Rooney

That's just silly.

• Like 4

Two seasons in, my United team looks like this:

David De Gea

Rafael - Phil Jones - Kyriakos Papadopolous - David Alaba

Yann M'Vila - Tom Cleverley

Lionel Messi - Shinji Kagawa - Cristiano Ronaldo

Wayne Rooney

That's just silly.

It is.

You buy Ronaldo and Messi and are content to leave Rooney up front? Ship him out and get Falcao in. :shifty:

Champions League Group Stage draw and Chelsea get Shakhtar (Ukraine), Fenerbahce (Turkey) and BATE (Belarus).

That's going to be a tonne of air miles. :/

EDIT: In other news, John Terry announced his international retirement on 23rd Sept 2012 in my game.

I might think that was a ridiculous coincidence, but I suspect that they may have programmed it in...