Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Trying to pin down the exact rules on the British Steel Challenge... The only thing I'm unsure of is whether you need to win a league to tick it off the list, or whether promotion in 2nd/playoffs also counts. Google seems to be throwing up conflicting evidence.

Anyone got an opinion? :shifty:

Trying to pin down the exact rules on the British Steel Challenge... The only thing I'm unsure of is whether you need to win a league to tick it off the list, or whether promotion in 2nd/playoffs also counts. Google seems to be throwing up conflicting evidence.

Anyone got an opinion? :shifty:

Technically it's about collecting all the trophies... so all of the above. If I were going to let you off, I'd say top of the league only, otherwise it's barely a challenge and more just a standard league climber game with a few cups.

You say it's barely a challenge, but from my wanderings round Google I've being through a number of FM sites (sortitoutsi, fm2012.net etc.) wherein they say "we've been trying this for 2 or 3 years and no successes so far!" - and these are places that allow for promotion to count.

I'm conflicted you see. On the one hand a trophy is 1st place, and to say otherwise seems cheap. On the other hand, heaven forbid that you find a situation wherein you have to try and throw the league away to drop out of automatic promotion because you've lost the race to 1st...

'Shocking news as Tim Stoker announces his decision to leave the team he has lead to Premier League, Champions League and World Club Cup glory. He was quoted as saying "Well, I never did win the Division 2 title in Scotland."'

• Like 2

'Shocking news as Tim Stoker announces his decision to leave the team he has lead to Premier League, Champions League and World Club Cup glory. He was quoted as saying "Well, I never did win the Division 2 title in Scotland."'

Don't be stupid. British steel doesn't include international titles :/

In my FM12 game where I tried to make Bohemians not so crazy rich but rich for an Irish team. I have entered my second season and was offered €6 million for a transfer budget, then I look at the finances and see I have a €140million budget. :mellow:

I could go crazy with that and splurge. But I don't really want to.

Argh. Just signed Kleber to play up front for the New England Revolution, only for him to leave the day after joining because his contract expired. I get it was my fault for not realising in negotiations, but youd think the game wouldnt let a player sign a one day contract. Or at least have the full year as default.

Still, at least the draft went well, picking up the two hottest forwards and some solid cover for other spots. Oh wait, Klinsmanns called up one for the national team. He scored on his debut, but broke his foot in the process and is out for 4 months.

I did manage to sign Cristiano to replace Kleber though, although Kleber is a genuine Premier League quality striker and Cristiano is Championship. It does mean my front two this year is Cristiano, Reinaldo >_>

Plus I have a designated player slot spare since Crespo left. Could be a game changer mid season. Looking at Adebayor, which would fit my style beautifully.

Rainford Kalaba :wub:. I signed him for £1.8m, he's a brilliant Inside Forward for a team fighting at the bottom end of the Premier League.

Charlie Austin bagged 28 goals in the Championship for me in the finish, he isn't looking to bad in the PL either, he's scored 4 in 10 with most of his appearances coming from the bench.

Interested to know this, too, as I'd imagine the MLS and A-League experiences would be quite similar in the sense that they both have limitations that other leagues don't have. I'm about to try a game with Sydney FC on classic to ease my way into the game after struggling to get into a Swedish lower division game with a team that had about fifteen central midfielders.

The A-League is where five time champions league winners are bred.

Eventually.

Also, I could do the British Steel Challenge.

On FM14.

For me, the challenge is 1st place or nothing. If you 'accidentally' get promoted (ie. lose out on the title on the final day but finish 2nd), you should resign and go back down a division.

• Like 1

MLS is my league of choice right now. The restrictions, the draft, everything about it. I like how you can essentially rebuild a squad at the bottom of the league into contenders in a year, or vice versa.

Also, you cant create a football superpower in a few years too.