Football Manager 2013

Lineker

So, yeah, season 4 and Aston Villa are in the early rounds of the Europa qualifiers. Darren Bent has scored 13 goals in 3 starts. :mellow:

Has it been worth keeping Bent? Most Villa games I play I sell him £18mil and buy Leonard Kweuke for £3.2mil, who does as good of a job...

Yeah theres some weird shit thats souring a great experience. Ive had about four 1-0 wins in a row with about 30 shots to 3 and only been saved by Abdoulaye Faye 35 yard screamers. And that clubs still put in offers for players they cant sign due to loan restrictions is very annoying.

That said, the game looks great, the match engine looks better aesthetically and little touches like deadline day are great for immersion.

Edited by ZJ Penn

The heartbreak of going ahead 4-3 on aggregate away at Valencia only to bottle it and concede two goals in the Champions League play-offs has been put behind me as we somehow hammered Atletico Madrid 4-0 at home in the Europa League Second Knockout Round. We have Bayer Leverkusen next, and then either Chelsea or Galatasaray in the semis if we make it that far.

Really enjoying this game with København. I've made a rule of only signing Scandinavian players so far, I'll eventually allow myself a couple of non-Scandis at the club. The ultimate aim, though, is to win the CL with a starting Scandinavian XI.

The transfer system seems to work a lot better in this game than in the past, too - i.e. I can actually sell players for a decent value instead of having to ship them off at below market price.

My best XI of Scandinavian talent at the moment would be:

Johan Wiland

Christopher Remmer - Pontus Jansson - Michael Jakobsen © - Pierre Bengtsson

Tim Sparv - Christian Grindheim

Nicolai Jørgensen - Martin Vingaard - Bashkim Kadrii

Andreas Cornelius

Started what will hopefully be a long-term game with Newcastle. Signed Wellington Nem, mainly out of curiosity because everyone is going mentla about him on all the forums and he looks good too. Also brought in another release clause gem in Adryan and Jetro Willems to fill the troublesome left back slot.

Drew 0-0 with Southampton to open the season and picked up an easy win in the Europa League play-off. When everyone is fit the team lines out as

Krul

Santon - Coloccini - S.Taylor - Willems

Tiote - Cabaye

Wellington - Ben Arfa - Ba

Cisse

Having messed about with Tottenham a bit to ease into the game, I've now started a proper career with Bournemouth. All I need to do is manage Watford and I'll have quickly completed the Lineker Achievement. I've made an underwhelming start with 1 win, 1 defeat and 3 draws in the league to accompany exiting the League Cup and Johnstone's Paint Trophy at the first hurdle, but we're playing reasonably well and I've got plenty of money for transfers and a deep squad, so I'm hopeful we can at least achieve a top half finish this season, then push for promotion next time out.