The January 2013 Transfer Window Thread

Lineker

I like Nerf. Liverpool can go suck a dick though. It will never be 'your year' again.

For the record, I also hate Sunderland, West Ham, QPR and Everton.

I don't really hate anyone, but I'd be amused if QPR went down just to repost Arrys 'overpaid foreigners' statement weeks before signing Remy. Found myself really hating Liverpool last season though mainly down to Kenny after 'no handshake'-gate. Nerfs cool, although the whole 'assaults fine, I've done it' bit a few weeks back was a tad weird...

I hate Hobo though, stupid Irish, long fingered, history loving git. :shifty:

One hatred I don't subscribe to though is Newcastle fans utter hatred of Aston Villa because 'they relegated us and laughed about it', we relegated ourselves and deserved mockery. If anything, we benefitted from relegation because it changed the whole club's philosophy.

• Admin

Rubin Kazan complete the signing of midfielder Yann M'Vila from French Ligue 1 club Rennes.

Nottingham Forest are close to signing Millwall striker Darius Henderson, according to the Nottingham Post.

Norwich confirm they are set to sign goalkeeper Lee Camp from Nottingham Forest, on a deal for the rest of the season.

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon signs a two-year extension to his contract keeping him at the Italian champions until 2015.

Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez extends his contract with the Catalan giants until 2016.

FC Dallas winger Brek Shea will not be joining Stoke City this month, reports BBC Radio Stoke.

Danny Rose will remain on loan at Sunderland from Tottenham for the rest of the campaign after Andre Villas-Boas allowed a recall clause to lapse. "The loan deal contained an option for Spurs to recall Danny this month, but they had to exercise that option by January 17," manager Martin O'Neill tells the Sunderland Echo. "I'm pleased to say that they haven't done so, so he will be with us for the rest of the season and that is really good news."

Mexican winger Jurgen Damm is set to go on trial at Manchester United,according to the Daily Express. The 20-year-old was originally believed to be joining Spanish outfit Real Oviedo but United are keen to have a look at the player who has only started two matches for his side Estudiantes Tecos.

Newcastle have signed striker Yoan Gouffran from Bordeaux on a four-year contract.

• Admin
BBC Sport's Ben Smith reports that Wilfried Zaha will undergo a medical with Manchester United in the next 48 hours ahead of a £15m move from Crystal Palace.

The 20-year-old is understood to have agreed a five-and-a-half year contract at Old Trafford but will be loaned back to Palace until the summer.

Sir Alex Ferguson has been closely involved in the talks this week and has agreed United will pay an initial fee of £10m up front, with the fee potentially rising to £15m based on appearances and success.

Zaha, who joined Palace as a 12-year-old, is expected to win his second England cap against Brazil in February, having made his senior debut in the friendly with Sweden in November.

Liverpool are in for Coutinho for £8m according to some newspapers.

Papers are only reporting it now? That's been a thing for at least a week or more.