The January 2013 Transfer Window Thread

Lineker

Lucas didn't really have any big injuries that I recall until last year. And it was only really last year that people who don't watch Liverpool games regularly began to notice how good he actually is.

Something which had become evident during Benitez last season. Which made Roy trying to sell him soon after pretty silly.

And then Carroll scores over 20 goals in the 2013/14 Premier League season after coming back to Newcastle.

If I'm correct, Coutinho is more of a CAM.

Naturally, he is, but he was deployed wide left at Espanyol which seems to be where he's most comfortable learning his trade.

I'm unsure about Coutinho, thinking he'll be a flop but it's at least good to see us go for a (relatively) highly-rated foreigner as opposed to splashing 18m on young English player du jour. 8.5m or so isn't really much these days anyway, so it's well worth a gamble.

Wow, Grêmio are putting a f*cking awesome squad for this season, have to admit.

I'm unsure about Coutinho, thinking he'll be a flop but it's at least good to see us go for a (relatively) highly-rated foreigner as opposed to splashing 18m on young English player du jour. 8.5m or so isn't really much these days anyway, so it's well worth a gamble.

He didn't flop in most places he played. Inter never played him, but when they did, he did well. He had a good run with Espanyol, was one of Brazil's key players in the U-20 World Championship and one of Vasco's key players in their 2009 Second Division championship.

• Like 1

Benitez has confirmed what all already suspected: there will be no more players coming in for Chelsea in this window.

I think someone on the board has a bet on with Roman concerning how small the squad can get before we implode entirely.

The squad-whittling has been going on for years now, to be fair.

You may recall in summer 2010, on the back of the double, we let go of Ballack, Joe Cole, Deco, Carvalho, Belletti, Sinclair, Di Santo and Stoch, and brought in...Ramires and Benayoun.

Edit: Forgot Belletti.

Orient have re-signed defender Elliot Omozusi after his release from prison. I'm a bit torn, on one hand he is a prick for being involved in gun crime and taking revenge on a witness, but on the other hand he was a damn good right back and we could do with someone to play right back instead of Odubajo.

Oh well, at least he didn't kill anyone.

Good for both sides in a sense.

Schalke manage to get some money for a guy they were gonna lose on a free in a few months time and Spurs get a good player with a lot of potential on the cheap a few months earlier.