Star Trek - Into Darkness

Herr Matzat

Does it really count as a spoiler if everybody pretty much already knew? Though I wouldn't be surprised if that page doesn't exist pretty soon, given Abrams' boner for secrecy.

It's not just who it is, it's how they're revealed, as well as certain other details regarding the plot.

So to promote the new movie, the UA theater in King of Prussia is showing Best of Both Worlds tonight. Me and my g/f have been disagreeing on a movie to go see tonight...she'd kill me if I bought tickets for this..but I'm SO tempted to do it..

I'm in two minds about seeing this film. I loved the first JJ Trek but this one seems to be a bit mixed in terms of reaction.

I will most probably go and see it though as the effects look stunning and i am interested in Cumberbatch portraying a Trek villain.

As i stated, i will most probably go to see it. I work with two Trekkies who have seen it and although they described quite a few bits of the film (despite me not wanting to know) as "ludicrous" and "not a Trek Universe result" it has put me off slightly.

But like i said i will most likely go to see it.

I don't get the secrecy behind the villian TBH. Everyone had speculated who it was for months..and I do know that, from the trailers if..

Spoilers on Cumberbatches role

AFter Cumberbatch says "I will return to have my vengence", it'd fade to black, show "Star Trek: Into Darkness" and Cumberbatch says "From hells heart, I stab at thee", I'd mark out like a little girl, and knowing its Khan would make me want to see it MORE!

Well, here's the problem with the villain...

Chances are it's somebody completely new.

It isn't Khan. The trailers make it clear that it is a man that was a Starfleet agent. Khan was a villain locked in cryosleep for years. So it's not so much that they're trying to keep it a secret as it is that, barring it being Garth of Izar, the name might be totally unfamiliar to fans, and therefore it would be pointless, from the view of fan service, to mention it.

Well, here's the problem with the villain...

Chances are it's somebody completely new.

It isn't Khan. The trailers make it clear that it is a man that was a Starfleet agent. Khan was a villain locked in cryosleep for years. So it's not so much that they're trying to keep it a secret as it is that, barring it being Garth of Izar, the name might be totally unfamiliar to fans, and therefore it would be pointless, from the view of fan service, to mention it.

Go back a page and click the link Mick posted to a review from the Australian premier of the movie...alot of spoilers in it though..

• Like 1