2013 College Football Thread

HailtotheYo

I don't feel like digging up the old thread or making a new one, but....Joe Paterno's family is at it again. They, along with some other people, have filed suit against the NCAA over the sanctions against Penn State.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/29/us/pennsylvania-paterno-suit/index.html

Now, I don't think that the NCAA should dole out further punishments against PSU due to this, because PSU is not a part of the suit. But I know one or two of Paterno's sons were assistant coaches. So I wonder if the NCAA can go after them for being a part of the suit. And they're bringing up the `report' that the family had done again.

Joe Paterno was scum, and nothing his family can do, or attempt to do, will ever change that. His legacy is down the toilet, and if they keep running their mouths and filing suits, I hope the result is Paterno being tossed out of the College Football Hall of Fame. (Which, frankly, he should be. He never would have gotten in if all this had come out before he was inducted)

• 1 month later...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9483020/sec-continue-push-ncaa-change-commissioner-mike-slive-says

Mike Slive (SEC Commish) is awesome. At the SEC Media Day today, he poured it on the NCAA:

Slive jabbed at the NCAA rulebook, saying it was more antiquated than Johannes Gutenberg's printing press while questioning the governing body's effectiveness as it relates to taking care of its student-athletes.

Slive openly questioned the NCAA Board of Directors, saying there are "important questions that need to be answered" about its structure.

Read the report, it's great.

- Kedrick Rhodes (FIU starting RB) has been dismissed from the team

- Penn St will play UCF in Ireland to kick off 2014

Bwahahahahaha ... Muschamp is golden. He sounded off on Ohio State (due to Urban Meyer/OSU turning in Florida for secondary recruiting violations) when asked about Meyer and OSU turning them in ...

"That's really a dead issue with me," Muschamp said Tuesday at SEC Media Days. "In both situations, we were turned in by Ohio. We didn't do anything wrong. The University of Florida didn't do anything wrong. And so we appreciated our friends from Ohio making sure we're compliant with NCAA rules. They certainly know a little bit about that subject."

• Like 1

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9491249/six-current-football-players-join-ed-obannon-ncaa-lawsuit

Six current players have joined the O'Bannon suit. They'll be graduated by the time the case is finished, but I think the expectation is for more active collegiate players to join in the future. It's a mess for the NCAA, we already saw them not renew their agreement with EA to avoid paying more money to players, and I'm sure they have to be scared that they'll have to share the wealth with players--at least once they graduate. The ball keeps rolling.

• 2 weeks later...

This his third school then? Auburn, Arkansas State, and now Louisville? Did I miss a JUCO school in there? He's talented as hell, but seems to have quite a few off-field issues.

That said, if he flies straight, Louisville is a lock for the (joke that is) American conference.