2013 College Football Thread

HailtotheYo

Does Lane Kiffin have any other family members he can fire?

Lane Kiffin is seriously the worst head coach of the last twenty years. I hope he stays at USC for the next decade. He's Mack Brown of the West. Has all the talent in the world but can't develop or coach a team up if a gun was to his head.

Except for the part where Mack Brown rebuilt Texas, won a National Title, and reached another National Title game ... and before that built North Carolina into a school that didn't laugh at guys wanting to play anything other than basketball there (led them to the most successful era since the 40's and got the stadium renovated and expanded).

Vince Young won the National Title. :shifty:

Fine. The last seven years Mack Brown...

Does Lane Kiffin have any other family members he can fire?

Lane Kiffin is seriously the worst head coach of the last twenty years. I hope he stays at USC for the next decade. He's Mack Brown of the West. Has all the talent in the world but can't develop or coach a team up if a gun was to his head.

Except for the part where Mack Brown rebuilt Texas, won a National Title, and reached another National Title game ... and before that built North Carolina into a school that didn't laugh at guys wanting to play anything other than basketball there (led them to the most successful era since the 40's and got the stadium renovated and expanded).

Vince Young won the National Title. :shifty:

Fine. The last seven years Mack Brown...

The last three have been pretty pathetic, yes.

Before that he was losing the National Title game, winning the Fiesta, Alamo, and Holiday .... for all the guff he gets, people seem to not understand that he's won 11 or more games as many times as he's failed to win 10 or more.

Right, but with all the talent that he recruits to that school, I'd say they've underperformed much more than they've met expectations. Something is going wrong down there for them to not be dominating a Big-12 that doesn't even believe in defense anymore. You can go on and on about what he's done in the past, but we both know it's a what-have-you-done-lately type game, and over the last few years, he hasn't done much.

EDIT: LD, yeah, I wasn't saying that what Kiffin has done is equal to Brown. I should have been more clear in my comparisons. I wasn't saying his accomplishments were the same as Brown's. I was saying they both have incredibly talented teams that haven't played to their talent level.