2013 College Football Thread

HailtotheYo

And Tennessee is showing that contrary to what ESPN shoves in your mouth, the SEC isn't untouchable.

Well, it's not as if Tennessee is the cream of the crop in the SEC. Oregon beating them would've been something in 1998, not so much now. :P

And Tennessee is showing that contrary to what ESPN shoves in your mouth, the SEC isn't untouchable.

Well, it's not as if Tennessee is the cream of the crop in the SEC. Oregon beating them would've been something in 1998, not so much now. :P

Yes but it's annoying when everyone goes on and on about the SEC "dominance" when it's only three of the fourteen teams. That was my point.

Yes but it's annoying when everyone goes on and on about the SEC "dominance" when it's only three of the fourteen teams. That was my point.

I think it's fair to call winning the National Championship every year dominance, honestly. I'm not an SEC fanboy or anything, but I think some of the hype is warranted.

Either way, I think Miami beating Florida last week was a much better example of your point than Oregon pummeling poor Tennessee.

It was really a perfect place at the perfect time for them. Had they joined five or six years ago, they likely wouldn't have benefited so much. But between the Sumlin hire, Manziel breaking out, the SEC six-peat, and Texas Longhorns on a dry run, it's like a perfect storm for the Aggies.

I'm happy for them. I always had a soft spot for them for some reason. Can't stand Johnny Football though. <_<

No school was ever better suited to join the SEC than A&M.

There's quite a bit of truth in this. There were a couple of other candidates but they really didn't have the "profile" needed to do so. Louisville would actually be a good fit and better than their blue counterpart in the state but in terms of coming, didn't provide the splash needed. The North Carolina schools were mentioned but just don't fit, at all. People always want to talk about Clemson as well and honestly I feel that outside of A&M they were the best fit.

Can't stand Johnny Football though. <_<

It was a perfect storm, and there's also many of us Aggie fans that that begrudgingly accept "everything else" about him.

It was a perfect storm, and there's also many of us Aggie fans that that begrudgingly accept "everything else" about him.

To be honest, I think the Johnny Football backlash has more to do with ESPN's sensationalist sports coverage than I do the man himself. He's young and will make mistakes but ESPN has a hard-on for reporting every single detail of his life that there's an overblown perception that he's a problem child.

Well my friend and I decided we're going up to Philly on Oct. 5 to see Teddy Bridgewater embarrass Temple. Front row seats for dirt cheap, I'll see any level of football if I can basically sit on the field. Should be fun though, I wonder if I should wear a Jacksonville Jaguars hat?

To be honest, I think the Johnny Football backlash has more to do with ESPN's sensationalist sports coverage than I do the man himself. He's young and will make mistakes but ESPN has a hard-on for reporting every single detail of his life that there's an overblown perception that he's a problem child.

Eh, I went to two games last year and was at the Sam Houston game this year ... the kid is kind of a dick. Yeah, it's overplayed with ESPN and such ... but he does his part to make it happen. My dad lives in Bryan (which is College Station in reality) and I've got several high school friends that went to A&M that are still in touch with people living/working there. There's quite a few and a general consensus that while the ten point scale of issues is overblown by the sensationalism of media, he also ain't doing himself any favors.

Cheese .... I'd LOVE it if that happened, holy shit it'd be awesome. I have a soft spot for NCState ever sine Chuck Amato left FSU to help elevate their program. Always respected their hard nosed approach and just the way they've always gone about the game. It also helps that the came down to Austin several years ago and blocked like 600 kicks and beat TU :pervert:

• Like 1

Eh, I went to two games last year and was at the Sam Houston game this year ... the kid is kind of a dick. Yeah, it's overplayed with ESPN and such ... but he does his part to make it happen. My dad lives in Bryan (which is College Station in reality) and I've got several high school friends that went to A&M that are still in touch with people living/working there. There's quite a few and a general consensus that while the ten point scale of issues is overblown by the sensationalism of media, he also ain't doing himself any favors.

Oh, I'm not necessarily saying that he's a nice person (he doesn't need to be - not everybody is), I'm just tired of this expectation that a 20 year old college student can't act like a 20 year old college student simply because he plays football. And the reason it's an issue is because ESPN will report anything it can on the guy, much in the same way that TMZ will report anything they can on random celebrities. It's annoying and gross and is the real issue, not the fact that the guy maybe got paid for his signing his name on stuff or went out drinking at a UT frat party.