Pens and Papers

KONGO

So our regular group hadn't played in about 70 days. We left on a cliffhanger of going to the home of one our characters. He had left when he was young and hadn't returned, hoping to find out what happened to his parents. 

We get there and he Dimension Doors him and 1 other party member into his childhood bedroom. The other three of us go around the back and end up in a fight with the evil druids who have overtaken his home. 

We ended the game with someone making death saving throws on the roof while the manor was on fire. Oops. I love D&D.

• Like 2

D&D is literally the best. I am literally spoiled for D&D games at the moment. 

-DM'd last night for our bi-weekly Wild Beyond The Witchlight campaign. The party finished chapter 1 which was basically fucking around a carnival and looking for a way into the fae realm. 

-Tonight I am playing our Sunday game (DM was away for the holidays, and he is still on break so... game!). I get to play my cleric who was dead for 10 of our 24 sessions. Originally a rogue/cleric (trickster, using booming blade to do damages) to full on Grave Cleric. I am gonna miss my absolute beast that was my temporary character, a sorcerer/paladin who would just smite the shit out of everything. 

-Friday we get to return to our Bloodlords Pathfinder 2e campaign that has been on a holiday break. They are going to a witch's cabin in the woods to fuck up her shit for trying to poison a town.

-Saturday we switch from my Rime game (where I mentioned people have died) for two weeks to play Phandelver and Below. We are about to fight Venomfang the young green dragon. At level 3. We are so fucked. 

-Then the regular Sunday game again!

I love it. I wish I had more time so I could do more. I even have plans for what to run after one of my campaigns end. (Dungeons of Drakkenheim)

• Like 3

On 03/01/2024 at 10:38, Ruki said:

-Saturday we switch from my Rime game (where I mentioned people have died) for two weeks to play Phandelver and Below. We are about to fight Venomfang the young green dragon. At level 3. We are so fucked. 

We weren't totally fucked! I think the DM was nice and gave us some dragon slaying arrows that probably weren't there in the module. Good thing, because I was dropped from 100% to 0% on the dragons first turn with a breath attack. But I got up again, and it was really close (our main damage dealer and our healer were down at the same time).... and in the end, only I died. Because I pissed off the dragon and ate a 48 damage breath attack (previous turn I did 26 damage to it, so it was pissed). But I got better! They got a druid to reincarnate me, so I am now no longer a hobgoblin bard, I'm an orc bard. 

• Like 1

If any of you want to head over to deepest, darkest Kent in March we're running our second convention with TTRPGs on Saturday and a megagame on the Sunday!

Event page: https://boysfromthebaltics.wixsite.com/rpgaming

Facebook group for updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/362711546184061

flyer2024.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

If any of you want to head over to deepest, darkest Kent in March we're running our second convention with TTRPGs on Saturday and a megagame on the Sunday!

Event page: https://boysfromthebaltics.wixsite.com/rpgaming

Facebook group for updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/362711546184061

flyer2024.jpg

Would if I could! Hope it goes well, good luck 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A few weeks ago I joked that the teacher of one of the other players was probably a horrible monster who would end up being the BBEG. Last night it was revealed that that was the case... in a short time she has attacked a library with scary powerful and dangerous books, attacked a hot spring in the feywild, killed two feylords, AND killed one of the champions to my god. We went from "let's go check on this rabbit" to "Oh shit, world ending doomsday enemy" within about 20 minutes.

My party was crossing a bridge, and I had a Roc pick up one of my players and drop him down 500 feet into the river below. 

Seeing the panic in all my players as I picked up 20 D6 to roll for falling damage was priceless. The character that dropped was just a few HP away from being insta-killed. I thought he was screwed being 500 feet below the party, but the sorceror had Dimension Door in his back pocket and was able to save his fallen comrade before a 3rd failed death save.

• Like 1

Beautiful! There is a chance that my Rime party is going to fight a Roc in the next couple of sessions (after a rough giant spell caster fight). It would grab someone, then fly it's HUGE speed towards the frozen sea to drop them in. ALmost no chance of being rescued. 

• Like 1

I gave one of my Witchlight players the "Head Of Vecna"... it was great just for the "What the fuck???". I told them they need to replace their head with that head... just to see if they will do it. Obviously it's a scam. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out the DM for my Phandelvor and Below game wants to take a break once we hit the midway point of the adventure :( That sucks, because that's after the next dungeon. Thankfully one of the other players is gonna run another game during said break, something called Absurdia. 

My Blood Lords campaign has ended... TPK on Book 2 of 6. They fought the sub boss and boss of the chapter at the same time. They made it harder on themselves. Wah wah. Gonna shift the campaign to D&D for Dungeons Of Drakkenheim.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

My Blood Lords campaign has ended... TPK on Book 2 of 6. They fought the sub boss and boss of the chapter at the same time. They made it harder on themselves. Wah wah. Gonna shift the campaign to D&D for Dungeons Of Drakkenheim.

No, no, now the campaign continues... In hell!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Benji said:

No, no, now the campaign continues... In hell!

If i were doing a homebrew campaign, totally! But I'm lazy and like to run modules lol. Plus, most of my players were over Pathfinder 2e. 

On 17/02/2024 at 03:39, Ruki said:

If i were doing a homebrew campaign, totally! But I'm lazy and like to run modules lol. Plus, most of my players were over Pathfinder 2e. 

I haven't had a chance to play P2e yet - what did they like and dislike about it?

31 minutes ago, Toe said:

I haven't had a chance to play P2e yet - what did they like and dislike about it?

For some, it was just the growing pains of a new system (especially a system as crunchy as Pathfinder). They also felt the system was hard for hard sake (it isn't, poorly built characters + bad decisions. Like the sorcerer who wanted to use a gun and realized it isn't powerful because it wasn't specced for that. Or the group deciding to try and get the drop on the boss, failed, and drew the attention of the sub-boss and boss-boss at the same time).

And one complaint that I agree with... while there ARE a lot of options for character creation some of them are just so.... blah. Mostly the skill feats. The skill feats are just boring.