Pens and Papers

KONGO

And my Call of the Netherdeep campaign comes to an end! They went back into Betrayers Rise, my wife's warlock turned on the party/fused with Vecna, got some flashback of traumatic points for her/what led her to the betrayal, and then she did the self-sacrifice thing to off herself/Vecna's influence, bringing the whole gosh darn thing down on'em. 

But (mostly) happy endings all around!

• Like 4

Also! I get to be a player half the time now!

With my Saturday game, I'll be running Rime of the Frostmaiden for 2 weeks, then one of my players will be running their Homebrew game for 2 weeks. (They have been flake-y with running stuff in the past, so we'll see...)

With my Sunday game, it's wrapping up in the next 1-3 sessions (the Spelljammer module is NOT good y'all), and after we're done I'll be running Pathfinder 2e Abomination Vault (so pretty and good on Foundry VTT), and one of my players from this game is going be running a homebrew once his current game is done (one more session to go), on alternating 2 week schedules. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

First session of Rime of the Frostmaiden under my belt! A lot of 'new character, who dis' as they tried to figure out abilities and such. Got almost dangerous in the kobold mine, as a grell 1-hit KO'd the paladin, and nobody had any healing magic. But! They get to level 2 and are a bit more resilient now. 

• Like 2

The D&D movie is just.... so good. Many of the places they've been or spoke about were in my own home game. Like Holga, she was apart of the Elk clan, one of my players had a character from there, so mid movie we decided they were cousins.

• Like 2

Nice! I think I'll check it out this weekend.

My group finally got together, and they had an encounter against their deadliest foe so far...

Spoiler

...Baba Lysaga and her creeping hut...

It was a pretty tough fight with two of the five players getting down to one death save remaining.

• Like 1

Finished up spelljammer last night! I was worried it was gonna be tricky for my players, because the enemies combined for about 2k health (they were level 9). But there was a pool of water where if they drank it they got a 7th level spell. 3 of them passed, so in the first round it was level 7 fireball, Synaptic Static and Cone of Cold. Just about 1000 damage.

And then one of the players teleported an escaping bad guy who had the deus ex machina into the beam of light that would destroy the sun and save their home world. Technically won the campaign on the second round of combat. They were so excited. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

Don't tempt me. 

Oh I’m tempting you.  I’ve never played a TTRPG and you need to run me and a merry band of other board members through the Lost Mines of Phandelver.

Or any of the other dnd adventures which I may or may not have amassed all the PDFs of :shifty:

19 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Oh I’m tempting you.  I’ve never played a TTRPG and you need to run me and a merry band of other board members through the Lost Mines of Phandelver.

Or any of the other dnd adventures which I may or may not have amassed all the PDFs of :shifty:

Which is a nice starter adventure... and it would be a good excuse to learn Foundry for 5e... I'll think about it. 

33 minutes ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

Which is a nice starter adventure... and it would be a good excuse to learn Foundry for 5e... I'll think about it. 

I’m on the hunt for Keys From the Golden Vault because just a bunch of heists seems fun too

• Like 1

Dammit, and the three of you are some of my favorite people around here. 

The main issue though (because I just discovered a bunch of Foundry modules that makes life easier) is timezones. Between working full time + kiddos, the only free time I have to play would be Monday, Tuesday, and Friday evenings after 8pm MST, which I think @Toe and @Mx. Canadian Destroyer are in EST, which would be 10p for them, which I worry is too late.  And @Maxx you're CST, so an hour ahead I think? Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

Dammit, and the three of you are some of my favorite people around here. 

The main issue though (because I just discovered a bunch of Foundry modules that makes life easier) is timezones. Between working full time + kiddos, the only free time I have to play would be Monday, Tuesday, and Friday evenings after 8pm MST, which I think @Toe and @Mx. Canadian Destroyer are in EST, which would be 10p for them, which I worry is too late.  And @Maxx you're CST, so an hour ahead I think? Thoughts?

I mean I could do that on Fridays. 

16 minutes ago, Toe said:

Yeah, as long as the session isn't a marathon, I could do any of those days at those times.

I'm an old man now. 2-3 hours is usually the max. I'll fuck around with Foundry this week, getting Lost Mines set up and see if this is do-able! Also need a 4th, because I like a nice round party.

• Like 1