2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Super Frankie Lampard :wub:

That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for Chelsea, though. They play better football than they did/will under Mourinho and apparently the players really like him.

I'm sure you'd all love it: we'd never challenge for the league again.
  • Like 1

I'm curious as to where Darren Bent and Stephen Ireland will be going next season. Obviously Villa wants to get rid of the both of them and they've both confirmed that they want to leave, but they've proved that they're not good enough for the bottom half of the table and you wouldn't think that they'd fancy playing in the Championship (or the Championship wages) so where exactly do they go?

West Ham? QPR? Turkey?

Was that an early Mourinho influence stoke or was it Abramovich's kind hearted nature?

Given that I have as much insight into the workings of Abramovich's inner circle as your average journalist (i.e. none), I can safely say that I have no bloody idea.

I'm curious as to where Darren Bent and Stephen Ireland will be going next season. Obviously Villa wants to get rid of the both of them and they've both confirmed that they want to leave, but they've proved that they're not good enough for the bottom half of the table and you wouldn't think that they'd fancy playing in the Championship (or the Championship wages) so where exactly do they go?

West Ham? QPR? Turkey?

They haven't proved that at all. Ireland has proved he's lazy and inconsistent despite his talent and Bent has done nothing wrong. He'll still score goals for fun. His goals kept us up before, he just doesn't offer enough for Lambo and we weren't in the position to have a luxury striker like Bent.

Bent will go where the money is. It is probably his last big money move. None of the better London clubs will want him, he won't go to QPR even though they can afford him. Fulham is a dead cert to me. London is the hub where he wants to be.

Poyet has been suspended by Brighton and told to stay away from the club. An un-named team came in for him, they reject the approach even though he wants to leave and now they've suspended him.

Also Jol may be on the verge of being sacked.

Maybe West Ham afterall, they're not going to be signing Carroll so they'll be lacking a striker.

I read in The Guardian that West Ham is negotiating with Wilfried Bony, if the information is correct, West Ham would have a smashing striker right there

Poyet has been suspended by Brighton and told to stay away from the club. An un-named team came in for him, they reject the approach even though he wants to leave and now they've suspended him.

Also Jol may be on the verge of being sacked.

All reports I've seen have suggested Jol will stay.