2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Seems Lukaku will not be going out on loan again.

'I always said my ambition was to play for Chelsea, and now I will go back to Stamford Bridge and try and play even more games than I did at West Brom,' he said, after Belgium's 2-1 win over Serbia last night. 'If I can score a few early on, it can turn into a really good season for me.

'I had a good conversation with Jose Mourinho, and I know it's up to me to show I'm worth a place. It is the World Cup next year, and I need to be playing. But if I don't get in the Chelsea team often enough, then I won't deserve to be in the national squad.

'I am not afraid of that. I am determined to succeed with Chelsea next season. I want to prove myself. People will compare me with Didier Drogba, and he was always my hero. But I am my own man, and I want to be known for what I do.'

Seems Lukaku will not be going out on loan again.

'I always said my ambition was to play for Chelsea, and now I will go back to Stamford Bridge and try and play even more games than I did at West Brom,' he said, after Belgium's 2-1 win over Serbia last night. 'If I can score a few early on, it can turn into a really good season for me.

'I had a good conversation with Jose Mourinho, and I know it's up to me to show I'm worth a place. It is the World Cup next year, and I need to be playing. But if I don't get in the Chelsea team often enough, then I won't deserve to be in the national squad.

'I am not afraid of that. I am determined to succeed with Chelsea next season. I want to prove myself. People will compare me with Didier Drogba, and he was always my hero. But I am my own man, and I want to be known for what I do.'

Good for him. He'll score plenty.

Hulk would be unnecessarily expensive for what he is, I think. Particularly as he's more fitted to playing in support of the main striker (usually on the right), where we already have more depth. And yeah, he does seem to have turned into one of those perennial links we have.

The Cavani thing is a little loopy at the moment. It's obviously the sexiest transfer story we have because of the amount of money involved, plus the Napoli president has a little bit of the Dave Whelan about him. But of course all the papers are quoting different fees offered, different players we want to offer in part-exchange, different players Napoli want in part-exchange, talk that Napoli will take cash only, etc. etc. etc.... Everyone's just got out the transfer rumour dart board at the moment.

Will he get any playing time though if Cavani and/or Hulk come in? I can't see Chelsea selling both Ba and Torres.

Without a doubt. I'd go as far as saying that Lukaku is a better player than what Hulk is (You'll struggle to find a more overrated player around today).

I'd have him as a starter next season and think that's what Mourinho will likely go with for a good chunk of it. Fits Mourinho and can see him being lethal in Europe under Jose. Was never really a chance of him going out on another loan.