2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Joking aside, there is a reason I opened the Villa transfer thread and thats so I didn't have to see every completed transfer being discussed in relation to how it affects Aston Villa in here. Fuck me.

You want to see a dick move? Try Loic Remy signing up for 'the project' at QPR.

Remy is a dick for going to QPR?

He's a genius. Probably got a huge signing on fee as well as a wage he wouldn't get elsewhere, now he gets to move again and get another fee. All it cost him was 5 months of his career and those 5 months got him the much fabled "adjusting to the Premier League experience"!

The Villa thing is annoying for many reasons and its not because of the people taking the piss out of it. If you want to talk about how every piss in the wind affects Aston Villa, take it to an Aston Villa forum.

• Like 1

He's a genius. Probably got a huge signing on fee as well as a wage he wouldn't get elsewhere, now he gets to move again and get another fee. All it cost him was 5 months of his career and those 5 months got him the much fabled "adjusting to the Premier League experience"!

The Villa thing is annoying for many reasons and its not because of the people taking the piss out of it. If you want to talk about how every piss in the wind affects Aston Villa, take it to an Aston Villa forum.

I don't necessarily agree with this notion because this is a general football forum with a lot of different supporters, but yeah, the Aston Villa contingent do seem to dominate here. I wouldn't have a problem with it normally, but the "news" that gets posted is barely news at all.

I'm guilty of it with my Mkhitaryan schtick, but that's just one thing and it probably constitutes as a "transfer saga" more than the other stuff.

Talk about other teams will pick up when other teams start doing something. Then Villa will fade back into insignificance as we talk about it being Liverpool's year, Arsenal's failure to spend big despite their promises otherwise, Everton losing all of their players and Spurs missing out on every big name player they go for.

When was the last time Villa signed six players this early in the Transfer Window? Actually screw that, BEFORE the transfer window has even opened?

And Nerf, we were in for him. He had to choose between four clubs us being one of them. At the last minute Kiev came in, offered more money and he went. His name was linked with big clubs in the past so i think that constitues a transfer saga just as much as your Double Word Score Scrabble guy.

But obviously it seems you can only talk about certain teams in a Transfer thread here. Have at it. I'm out.

• Like 1

A lot of it wasn't even Villa news, it was other stories being brought back to Villa was the silly part. Like some random story being brought back to Benteke or something like that.

There are loads of Newcastle, Liverpool, Spurs and United fans here but this is the first time it's come up, because it gotten to point of parody it's so ridiculous.

Joking aside, there is a reason I opened the Villa transfer thread and thats so I didn't have to see every completed transfer being discussed in relation to how it affects Aston Villa in here. Fuck me.

You want to see a dick move? Try Loic Remy signing up for 'the project' at QPR.

Remy is a dick for going to QPR?

Greedy is more the word, but I delivered my thoughts on that one back in January.

Now for important news!

GRIMSBY Town's joint bosses couldn't hide their delight following the capture of Patrick McLaughlin on a two year deal.

The midfielder has become Rob Scott and Paul Hurst's third signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Scott Neilson and Scott Kerr.

Quality player fo the conference, might actually get passed the play-offs this year and get back in the league <_<

When was the last time Villa signed six players this early in the Transfer Window? Actually screw that, BEFORE the transfer window has even opened?

And Nerf, we were in for him. He had to choose between four clubs us being one of them. At the last minute Kiev came in, offered more money and he went. His name was linked with big clubs in the past so i think that constitues a transfer saga just as much as your Double Word Score Scrabble guy.

But obviously it seems you can only talk about certain teams in a Transfer thread here. Have at it. I'm out.

At the risk of this turning into a dick waving contest, Liverpool have signed four players too, and players you might have actually heard of! Yet we haven't posted pages and pages worth of discussion about it. In response to your other point, Mkhitaryan has had bids from us, Dortmund and Spurs - what's your point?

I don't have a problem discussing Villa (or any other team) related stuff at all, but you need to understand that this isn't an Aston Villa forum.

All my posts about Belhanda were from foreign press. Perhaps i should have put a link each time, if so my bad.

If i'd have known it would have turned into a pissing contest between us, Villa and Newcastle i'd have shut up. I'd have thought though that speculation, transfer rumours and confirmed transfers would all be encompassed in one thread being as it's all part and parcel of the transfer window anyway.

But if me posting tidbits on speculation regarding Villa really gets under the skin of some people THAT much i'll stop.

Now for important news!

GRIMSBY Town's joint bosses couldn't hide their delight following the capture of Patrick McLaughlin on a two year deal.

The midfielder has become Rob Scott and Paul Hurst's third signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Scott Neilson and Scott Kerr.

Quality player fo the conference, might actually get passed the play-offs this year and get back in the league <_<

McLaughlin is very good from the times I've seen him play, should be a cracking signing. And on the whole debate thing, actual rumours are alright (so what Rafa does is fine) but saying stuff like what twitter people are saying is a bit too far imo

I only mentioned what people were saying on Twitter once about Belhanda and even i mentioned then how stupid that the supposed "ITK"ers were fighting amongst themselves.

You guys are really making too much a big a deal out of this.

Now for important news!

McLaughlin is very good from the times I've seen him play, should be a cracking signing. And on the whole debate thing, actual rumours are alright (so what Rafa does is fine) but saying stuff like what twitter people are saying is a bit too far imo

True, I watched him and Kerr play together for York 2 years ago when they got promoted and they were cracking, I hope they can brink that flair to the team this season and supply our forwards who have a knack for scoring goals (hey, even I am surprised to type that as a GTFC fan).

Oh, and leave Ant alone, its fine all of this talk is going on, there are currently more Villa fans than any other team and I have no problem with him posting stuff, at least he is being positive and passionate, unlike the rest of you negative Nellys

• Like 3

Fact is that there are more Villa/Liverpool/Spurs/Scum fans on here than there are other clubs, as such they're going to be discussed more because there's more interest. Let's not act as though we've not had to trawl through countless posts about how a Liverpool player is definitely staying because they said something vague in an interview with the foreign media.

Oh and we're on the verge of signing Luke Murphy for £1m... strange we should actually spend money on the day that Bates stops being chairman.

• Like 2